• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donald behind this Oline...

Jmac

1 minute ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

The narrative that Mayfield can't elevate a team is so oxymoronic. He literally took a winless team to 7 wins, instantly. Repeated it, again, in a historically bad circumstances in 2019, then pushed that team to 11 wins. And when hurt, that same team fell to 8-9. By simple Math Mayfield has been shown to add 3-7 wins. 

Browns had one of the best overall rosters in the NFL for a couple years when Baker was in Clev.   And it’s still a dang good roster around the QB. 

Baker is inconsistent.   Saw that in Clev and have already seen it here. 

I mean he is way better than Sam Darnold.  But he isn’t a very good QB.  That’s why he is here in Carolina. 

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

Browns had one of the best overall rosters in the NFL for a couple years when Baker was in Clev.   And it’s still a dang good roster around the QB. 

This is patently false. It's a cliche that has gotten repeated so many times people have taken it as true. The online had one good year (2020) the WR in 2021 were amongst the worst in the league and the defense was middling through mid-way 2021. How is the defense doing now? Ask the Jets. 

Baker is inconsistent.   Saw that in Clev and have already seen it here. 

Another cliche. Tell me which is more inconsistent? A team and organization that changed four offensive coordinators and coaches in as many years, or the player who threw for 14,000 years during that time-period?  Show me a consistent quarterback in that inconsistent of an organization? I'll wait. Sure he's been inconsistent at times, but is it nature or nurture? Evolution or environment? 

Um... what. You've seen it here, in Carolina, in 2 games within an incredibly well-run and trained and coached offense with a returning OC and a proven track record of consistent offensive fireworks? Sample size, bro. 

I mean he is way better than Sam Darnold.  But he isn’t a very good QB.  That’s why he is here in Carolina. 

First correct thing you've stated, but then more of...the above. I'll not enter the evaluation of Mayfield as good, bad, very good, very bad, elite, or xfl. But... 

As someone who followed the Cleveland off season far too closely, Mayfield is in Carolina because he demanded a trade forcing CLE into guaranteeing 230 million to the sexual predator, who, many felt, was an upgrade over Mayfield. If Mayfield didn't publically post his goodbye letter to Cleveland, he's likely still playing for them. If you doubt this, go look up the articles where Cleveland refused his trade request until Watson "flip-flopped" and allowed the trade to go to Cleveland (following CLE's new offer of 230m guaranteed).

Personally, I'm still not sure what Mayfield can be in the NFL, but I am sure he's not the problem with Carolina right now. 

Edited by AlphabetsEnd

8 minutes ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

First correct thing you've stated, but then more of...the above. I'll not enter the evaluation of Mayfield as good, bad, very good, very bad, elite, or xfl. But... 

I mean….you agree that I said he is way better than Sam but isn’t a very good QB and that’s why he is here? 

yet have a problem with me saying he is inconsistent and doesn’t elevate those around him?   I mean he can elevate those around him when he gets hot.  But he isn’t consistent.  So big picture he doesn’t do it. 

Baker Mayfield is a Panther because he has proven to be not very good.  If he was very good, he would have had opportunity elsewhere 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The Browns were willing to trade multiple 1sts and commit hundreds of millions of dollars to a sex offender that hasn't played in a year, and is going to miss the better part of this season.  Just so they could attempt to upgrade from Baker Mayfield.

That says a lot about him as a QB imo.

When you put it that way…. 

I compared the pursuit of him to the old saw about the star of a losing baseball team that wanted a raise. He was told “son we can finish last without you”. 
Mayfield wasn’t gonna make us enough better to worry with but when the price came that far down I didn’t get outraged. He does not look good, despite how bad the others may look. Moore had two catches that were big, and one the announcer said Mayfield threw a back shoulder ball. But Moore had to completely alter his direction, it was that far behind him. I just don’t see the accuracy and he is Not stepping into the throws. Hell sounds like Cam to me without the Cam benefits of throwing a 65 yard rope on the money and running people over. Which he could do.