• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba about to feel the heat?

LondonderryPanther

Another “great” 2021 draft pick. Panthers got 3 draft picks from Tennessee to move down to take this below average player. Meanwhile, could’ve taken Amon Ra St. Brown at the original spot. They can’t evaluate talent over there. I’ll keep saying it, trading down is great in theory, but if you literally whiff on each pick, then it doesn’t matter!

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, 45catfan said:

This is what I thought of the Chuba Hubbard pick:

hated it damon wayans GIF

2 hours ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Another “great” 2021 draft pick. Panthers got 3 draft picks from Tennessee to move down to take this below average player. Meanwhile, could’ve taken Amon Ra St. Brown at the original spot. They can’t evaluate talent over there. I’ll keep saying it, trading down is great in theory, but if you literally whiff on each pick, then it doesn’t matter!

I truly loved that class and had top 5 all-time panther hopes.......man, not the start I needed for my golden "give each class two full off-seasons" before judgement.

Horn- 6th game as a pro, form man-2-man to zone this season. Lots of good, some bad. I still believe he will be a elite CB

TMJ- cannot get on the field. Thought he could challenge some WR records

Christ- Looking great thus far for a young guy playing his first LG snaps

Tremble- ugh my pick for "surprise" player. Hes 3rd string behind someone named Ricci, that played FB last yr. Im for sure surprised....

Chubba- filled in with decent rookie result. Looking like he may get cut right now. Struggles with blocks/biltz pick ups, catching, and holding the ball....

Nixon- thought he'd be the #3 DT, cut and no team claimed him...its not fully over with him on the PS

Taylor- Looked like a 1st rounder last yr, this yr hes in a slump. Could be the zone system is a bad fit....

Smith- New OC loves him to death and he may save the draft class if he breaks out...

Brown- darkhorse for OL, showed up to camp in the same sloppy shape. On PS

LS- normally dont hate late round picks, 100% hated this dumbass pick. Spent last season on IR(nice $$$) cut this yr. Rhules "guy"

Hoskins- looking like a 7th round steal as a decent backup DL. Not had a great 22 start....(theme)

So as of 2day- Horn, chirst, and Smith looking like they are able to play.

Limbo- Tremble, Taylor, Hoskins Thus far good depth with a few flashes

"Its over/miracle needed/new coaching staff"- TMJ, Chubba, Nixon, Brown

Out of the league-Long safety

So its better than I thought, if you go by the rule that a great draft is 2 solid starters, 1 HQ backup, and 1 decent STers/deep depth.

Panthers needed more and I thought as much. 

Maybe some can improve like good young players do. 

Edited by Basbear