• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Team Played For Their Coach Today

Daddy_Uncle

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

There's a reason the Jaguars actually look competent and currently smashing the Chargers with basically the same roster from last year. Hmm, wonder what changed?

Bad teams become good when you have a good coach step in and it doesn't take years to accomplish it. The effect is drastic and quick.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

You and Zod are the two biggest dipshits on the board. 

There were folks doing taking down names and shouting at skeptics when we were 3-0 this time last year too. It was fun to revisit those threads later in the year and it will be fun to repeat that again.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Bad teams become good when you have a good coach step in and it doesn't take years to accomplish it. The effect is drastic and quick.

A perfect point was when Shula left the Panthers. You saw an immediate change in how Cam Newton approached the game and it was for the better. 

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The thing is I'm not going to ban someone for insulting me or disagreeing with me. Ive been wrong a lot in my life and I've probably deserved some insults along the way. 

Far as i member youve always been a solid janny, top 3 all-time huddle-wise for sure. Thanks for your service and I hope zob buys you a new mop soon!! 

18 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Coaches make sure their players are prepared for the game. 

Coaches make sure they have the right plan for the players to win.

Coaches make sure the right players are on the field.

Coaches make sure that their players are in the best situation to win.

Coaches make sure that players have a plan that adapts to situations.

Coaches make their players the best they can be so they can win. 

Rhule and his staff fails at all of this. If the players aren't doing their job, that's in the coaching staff.... ultimately it falls on Rhule.

See the problem on this board is all in this post. We assume that our staff doesn’t do these things because we base all of these things on the final outcomes. We don’t see what happens during the prep week. We don’t see what happens during halftime. We don’t see anything that goes on in the meeting rooms or between players. We view poor performance and outcomes on coaching prep, adjustments, etc. Sometimes it’s as easy as making one more play. Example: If Horn picks Winston or Shaq picks Winston we potentially prevent a score or score ourselves. Last week: if burns keeps contain and gets a sack the giants don’t score a TD drive, we win the game. Coaches coach. Players play. It’s that simple. Winston has been in NO for 2.5 years. Baker has been here 3 months, and split starter reps with Darnold during camp. We’ll figure it out. All these people here using Cincinnati as an example before have shut the fug up. They are exactly where we are. Chill and be a fan, or just pick the yearly winner.  

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The thing is I'm not going to ban someone for insulting me or disagreeing with me. Ive been wrong a lot in my life and I've probably deserved some insults along the way. 

Not the disagreement the insult but that's completely fair am I allowed to use that one on the certainly obvious posters I disagree with? 😃