• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brown and Burns

Martin

Really enjoyed watching them today and how much they free up the other players on defense. On Luvu’s forced fumble, Brown backed the guard in to the RB so he had nowhere to go. Awesome job by Luvu, but that would not have happened without Brown. Multiple pressures happened as Burns forced the QB to move. They had a lot of other great plays as well, most that didn’t show up in the stat sheet. Great stuff all around.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I’ve been really impressed with the D-line overall the last 2 weeks. Cleveland gashed us all game but we seemed to have adjusted.

Brown and Burns are balling, but Ionnidis has also flashed, Haynes is playing really well and Mccall is a dog. Yetur needs to play better but overall, the d-line is starting to gel.

Edited by Mills
  • Beer 1

A dominant DT is one of my favorite players to watch. They play where the most physical resistance is, so watching one blow up the interior line is magical when you see a great one. 

Kris Jenkins at his peak was one of the most dominant players I’ve ever seen, and Brown has shown some of that the past two weeks. 

Keep it up big guy.

(Shout out to my man McCall. So fun to watch too)

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Barney said:

He finally has someone next to him worth a crap.  Look at how many times last year he was doubled.  Glad to see him playing well maybe the bust talk from some here will finally go away, but I doubt it.  

I don’t think that is the reason why he’s played well. Defensive line is one of those positions that can take a few years for a player to develop. maybe Brown is finally getting it. Still I would like to wait until I see more games before making a decision.

Brown has always been better than folks here give him credit. He is a beast and just needed to refine his technique and get his NFL body through a pro regime of strength building. Now that he has some good talent around him teams can't gameplan against him and have to.play him straight up which helps him win more battles

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

A dominant DT is one of my favorite players to watch. They play where the most physical resistance is, so watching one blow up the interior line is magical when you see a great one. 

Kris Jenkins at his peak was one of the most dominant players I’ve ever seen, and Brown has shown some of that the past two weeks. 

Keep it up big guy.

(Shout out to my man McCall. So fun to watch too)

Kris Jenkins was a Fugging monster.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Brown has always been better than folks here give him credit. He is a beast and just needed to refine his technique and get his NFL body through a pro regime of strength building. Now that he has some good talent around him teams can't gameplan against him and have to.play him straight up which helps him win more battles

Maybe…. He hasn’t been good though. I have to wonder how much of that is because of the coaching staff. If you don’t use players correctly then they won’t succeed. It’s why we see so many players not do well and all of a sudden they play for a different team or have a different coach with a different system and they end up being good.

Just now, rmoneyg35 said:

Maybe…. He hasn’t been good though. I have to wonder how much of that is because of the coaching staff. If you don’t use players correctly then they won’t succeed. It’s why we see so many players not do well and all of a sudden they play for a different team or have a different coach with a different system and they end up being good.

It takes time to become a really good nose tackle and Brown is still learning. Expectations were so high because he was a top 10 pick that I'd was inevitable he was going to get a bust label if he struggled at all.

Just now, panthers55 said:

It takes time to become a really good nose tackle and Brown is still learning. Expectations were so high because he was a top 10 pick that I'd was inevitable he was going to get a bust label if he struggled at all.

Thing is, is NT the position he should be playing? He seems to be a lot better at getting to the Qb than stopping the run.

also if the info we got is true and the coaching staff told Brown to lose weight because he was going to be a pass rusher then when the season started they wanted him to be a nose tackle then our coaching staff really screwed him over.