• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If The Season Ended Today

Hoenheim

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I watched that game as well.. and I saw this: 

Kid still came out and drove the team down the field for a potential win, and also threw the would be game winning TD if it wasnt for illegal formation. If you are blaming that on Levis.... thats crazy. The WR didnt set his feet, it was 100% the WR's fault. image.png.472672d85ad8e6759e892996cbc7c4c5.png

The WR on the play is a true freshman, so I chalk this up as  learning moment... but I have no idea why he took his time to get set. 

I get your concern with Levis, but I dont see him being a Darnold type by any means.. The first fumble was a missed call for targeting and the second fumble was the RT just getting beat. Levis is projected to go number 1 overall by a lot of pundits because his arm talent and his ability make poo happen in a pro offense with mid level talent. 

That finger is GNARLY - didn't see that live. The entire special teams operation was a cluster fug too but still, QB  snaps the ball, they were going hurry up. That's on him to make sure his team is set before they snap it. I'd also disagree on the targeting call and think it was right as a no call since Levis ducked into the contact but we could go on and on about targeting at the college level in general. 

My concerns aren't limited to one game though. Look at any game against a team that is UL Monroe, Youngstown St, Richmond or a similar quality of opponent and the tape just leaves me thinking "That's it?" That's not to say he didn't flash - the TD pass across the middle in the tight window in stride to a TE was a pro level throw all day. I just don't see the consistency I'd like to see for a 24 year old top 5 pick at the most important position in the game. 

Finally gonna have to hard disagree with you on the "mid level talent" UKs line and RBs are nasty. Have been for years - a number of if not the majority of them are going to be playing on Sundays. Out wide they may be green but for a team that flat out did not throw the ball 2 years ago idk how much I really expect from them. 

• Pie 1

What’s corral gonna wear when bryce comes in and drops his nuts and takes #9?

nah but seriously… Of all the teams that look to be top 5… we may see m to be the only team that’s gonna take a QB. Are texans sold on Davis mills? Are bears sold on Justin fields? I think those QBs get at least another year. Then teams like Lions, Seahawks are gonna win just enough to get out of top 5 maybe even well enough to get out of top 10. Looks highly likely we have our pick of whatever QB we want. Obviously that’s basing everything off what we’ve seen so far. Still a lot of football left in both college and NFL. QB class could look worse come Jan/Feb and we could somehow pull out 5 wins again possibly pushing us further away from top 5.

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

yes he will. Cheap backup QB.

I doubt it.  He will not be able to practice until training camp and if we draft a qb in the first a new staff will most likely get a vet to help guide him.  Having a 3rd round undersized qb that hasnt played on the roster just isnt going to happen no matter what his costs.  And I seriously doubt a new staff is going to carry 3 qbs. 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Iirc hurney really really like rhule and begged tepper to hire him

I dont recall the story playing out like that... I am pretty sure Tepper said that MH felt that Rhule was it, and could tell during the interview. They offered Rhule, and he accepted later that night. Could be missing some finer details,. but I dont remember anyone reporting anything about begging. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I doubt it.  He will not be able to practice until training camp and if we draft a qb in the first a new staff will most likely get a vet to help guide him.  Having a 3rd round undersized qb that hasnt played on the roster just isnt going to happen no matter what his costs.  And I seriously doubt a new staff is going to carry 3 qbs. 

you already know who the new staff is?

14 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

As an owner, you are going to be invovled in the HC hiring process, bc that is your direct report... You will hire them based on their fit. That all being said.... Tepper didnt tamper with the hiring of the MLS manager. He went with Marty Hurney's suggestion of Rhule... so why wouldnt he go with someone's (TBD who) suggestion of the next HC?

Tepper has shown no sign of him doing this stuff in a silo or on his own. 

Being involved as an owner is understood.

Unfortunately, if you also happen to be a dumbsh-t, it's a bad idea.

Heck, there are people wanting the Panthers to fire Scott Fitterer along with Rhule and then have David Tepper be the guy who picks both head coach and GM.

That's an ocean I find absolutely insane.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

you already know who the new staff is?

obviously not but for the most part when you draft a qb in the first you want a vet to help guide them.  See Josh allen and derek anderson.  I dont think  you will find many examples of first round pick getting backed up by a qb drafted the previous year.  Especially a developmental one and coming off serious injury.  Look what happened to mond this year

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Being involved as an owner is understood.

Unfortunately, if you also happen to be a dumbsh-t, it's a bad idea.

Heck, there are people wanting the Panthers to fire Scott Fitterer along with Rhule and then have David Tepper be the guy who picks both head coach and GM.

That's an ocean I find absolutely insane.

but you know he would bring in someone... thats crazy talk if you think otherwise. He hasnt shown any behavior for either the MLS or NFL team on making decisions in a silo. He even bragged that he hires experts to make decisions. 

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I dont recall the story playing out like that... I am pretty sure Tepper said that MH felt that Rhule was it, and could tell during the interview. They offered Rhule, and he accepted later that night. Could be missing some finer details,. but I dont remember anyone reporting anything about begging. 

Re: On if it was important for Coach Rhule not to leave without an agreement.

"Again, it's kind of like I said, there's those certain interviews when you leave and you just get that feeling that hey, this is the guy, this is the guy. So, let's not go any further and try to get this done. Mr. Tepper and Steven (Drummond) were both on board. So, we worked immediately to try to get it done, and we got it. It was a feeling that all three of us had that you did get a feeling. Julie, his wife, was terrific. He's right, I ate about 20 meatballs (laughter), but it was just a great feeling. I think when you have that – and you can see by listening to him here. He's got such a vision, just a very shared vision. Sitting there – I spend a lot of time with a head coach talking things out. Basically during these interviews, I'd sit there and it's like I approach it like – we're in my office and we're talking about the team, and we're talking about things we have to work, and you have to work through a lot of hard things, and you have to be able to sit down and disagree. At the end, you got to be able to stay in the room until you get an agreement and walk out on the same page of what's best for the organization. It was very obvious that we could do that."

https://www.panthers.com/news/transcript-marty-hurney-on-the-start-of-the-matt-rhule-era

I think Tepper talks about marty insisting that rhule is guy and to get a contract done

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

No begging. The way Tepper told the story, Marty just gave him a look that he understood to mean "this is our guy" and at that point they all went into "recruiting mode".

He also related that he just "had a feeling" Rhule was going to be to the right guy for the job.