• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Johnson, DeMeco Ryans, Dan Quinn, Brian Flores, Ken Dorsey

jb2288

I have to assume these are the top 5 names as of right now. Obviously ton can change until the end of the season but I think I would be happy with 4 of these 5 (don't want a Falcons reject). I'm assuming Sean Payton isn't actually in play here but if so he's gotta be your #1 target. 

3 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I have to assume these are the top 5 names as of right now. Obviously ton can change until the end of the season but I think I would be happy with 4 of these 5 (don't want a Falcons reject). I'm assuming Sean Payton isn't actually in play here but if so he's gotta be your #1 target. 

The sticking point with Payton is he is still under contract with New Orleans and it is going to take draft picks to get him.   If we have the top pick I don't see us giving up that pick for Payton. 

Just now, Growl said:

Payton feels inevitable from an interest standpoint but probably unattainable practically speaking 

It’d be a sure thing though, especially enticing with a rookie QB

Just thinking through it I feel like he will have better options but also a potential #1 pick to choose whatever QB you want has got to be enticing. Regardless if there is interest he's got to be your first choice. 

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

Payton feels inevitable from an interest standpoint but probably unattainable practically speaking 

It’d be a sure thing though, especially enticing with a rookie QB

Just now, jb2288 said:

Just thinking through it I feel like he will have better options but also a potential #1 pick to choose whatever QB you want has got to be enticing. Regardless if there is interest he's got to be your first choice. 

Saints own the rights to Payton for two more years. We would have to give up draft capital to obtain him. Why would the saints trade him to a in division rival?

Just now, hepcat said:

Some names to add:

Byron Leftwich - Bucs OC

Thomas Brown - Rams assistant head coach

Kellen Moore - Cowboys OC

Byron scares the hell out of me simply cause Tom Brady. Don't know how rational of a fear that is, but McDaniels doesn't look great in his second try as a HC now

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Saints own the rights to Payton for two more years. We would have to give up draft capital to obtain him. Why would the saints trade him to a in division rival?

Draft capital is most likely, but it doesn't HAVE to be draft capital. Tepper could write a fat check to the Saints for his rights. I don't know why the Saints would do that but it is possible. 

I'd bet my last damn dollar that Tepper goes for an offensive coach.

You don't watch this team for the last 3 years, see the offensive output, and don't hire someone that is considered an "offensive genius."  That will be by far the #1 thing he looks for because right now, the goal for the Panthers is to put asses back in seats.  

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1