• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Hello Mr Newton, Coach Wilks here..."

Coreyl90

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yet people think this year will be different...

When Cam came back he wasn't allowed to "win" he was made to split time with Sam in some of the most foolish NFL coaching if ever seen. If not for being overRhuled perhaps Cam could have made a difference. He couldn't and his reputation took a hit. Ignorant attached that Rhule foolishness to his name, his record.

Edited by rippadonn

17 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

PJ record is 2-0 as a starter, so you're using Parcells quote incorrectly by applying his stats. 

The best offensive performance we had all of last season was the Arizona game when they scored 34 on the Cardinals we didn't come close to that total in any game afterwards. 

You realize Cam scored two touchdowns on his first two touches in that game right? PJ went for 167 yards and a pick. Cam, CMC, and the defense were the only reason they won that game. 

14 minutes ago, Coreyl90 said:

You realize Cam scored two touchdowns on his first two touches in that game right? PJ went for 167 yards and a pick. Cam, CMC, and the defense were the only reason they won that game. 

You realized Cam doesn't score those goalline touchdowns (his two touches) if the offense doesn't get inside the RedZone?

It was hard for us to get inside the RedZone in the games following Arizona.

Deer cam if you receive this message I will not be surprised if you feel it is within your best interest to return to the Panthers I support your decision if you choose not to go back to the Panthers and stay in a undecided mode I respect that decision but whatever this is you make just please be aware that these linebackers are running 40-yard dashes and 4.4 seconds cam that mean they have the velocity to move a 265 lb body and four seconds and 4/10 of it past 40 yards so think about the gravitation love you man I hope you make the right decision

16655260726307892948863299344915.jpg

19 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Someone make a poll. It seems some don't want Cam here because if he gets us a few wins, it hurts our Draft position. Then there are some who want Cam to bring fun back and if he hurts our Draft position so be it. Lines are blurred all the time with Cam. The whole "winning meaningless games" anger seems to go out the window with him lol.

It's not just Cam.  Again, objectively, he would instantly be the best QB on the roster.  But aside from that, I honestly can't root against Wilks.  I want him to win.  This roster really is not that far off, so the rebuild talk to me is insane...  most of the turnover that needs to happen is at the bottom of the roster.  We have a solid secondary, OL, and a few great young core pieces.  What if Wilks could get this team fired up and we make a run for a wild card?  I know it's asteonomical odds, but what if?  People complain about the draft position, but I know for a fact, not a single person would be complaining if he could find a way to win 10 games and gave us a shot at the playoffs.  It would give the fanbase hope for the first time in a very long time.  And I honestly really would love to see Wilks be the guy to turn around this franchise...  what a fairy tale story that would be, and then let him fully install his own systems and schemes next season with a staff of his choosing.  The players love him, the fans love him, and he's a hometown guy.  It would be awesome, and if he could get Cam to come back and make a run with him, get Luke on the staff, man...  that would be awesome and I would not give a single fug about draft position..  just because we pick #1 doesn't mean we'd get it right either.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

You realized Cam doesn't score those goalline touchdowns (his two touches) if the offense doesn't get inside the RedZone?

It was hard for us to get inside the RedZone in the games following Arizona.

Twist it any way you want. PJ Walker is not the answer. The ONLY reason he is even on the roster is because he was one of Rhule's minions at Temple. 

53 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It's not just Cam.  Again, objectively, he would instantly be the best QB on the roster.  But aside from that, I honestly can't root against Wilks.  I want him to win.  This roster really is not that far off, so the rebuild talk to me is insane...  most of the turnover that needs to happen is at the bottom of the roster.  We have a solid secondary, OL, and a few great young core pieces.  What if Wilks could get this team fired up and we make a run for a wild card?  I know it's asteonomical odds, but what if?  People complain about the draft position, but I know for a fact, not a single person would be complaining if he could find a way to win 10 games and gave us a shot at the playoffs.  It would give the fanbase hope for the first time in a very long time.  And I honestly really would love to see Wilks be the guy to turn around this franchise...  what a fairy tale story that would be, and then let him fully install his own systems and schemes next season with a staff of his choosing.  The players love him, the fans love him, and he's a hometown guy.  It would be awesome, and if he could get Cam to come back and make a run with him, get Luke on the staff, man...  that would be awesome and I would not give a single fug about draft position..  just because we pick #1 doesn't mean we'd get it right either.

This rebuild mess has me confused too. Very good secondary, a good OL for the first time in like 10 years, All-Pro RB, Dynamic young WRs, A good DL, etc. This is the best roster Carolina has seen in a few years. All they need is someone who cant get the ball to the receivers 60% of the time or better

The Panthers should do absolutely everything in their power to get Cam signed (again). This time do it for a multi-year deal. Let the man come in and do his thing and do it until he is ready to retire, whether that be as a starter, competing for the job, mentor, back-up, hype man, I don't care it doesn't matter because that man and all he brings 100% is a good thing for this team, locker room, fans, city and all the above no matter how you swing it.

• Pie 1

On 10/10/2022 at 4:50 PM, panthersgreenville said:

Ok I’m just going to say it, is PJ Walker really that bad?! I dunno, I see him during pre season and he plays with passion and seems to really throw darts in between tight windows and the offense seems to move fast and fluid with him in there. Or am I seeing things here?! 

EDIT:: Nvm. I just went and looked at his stats, 2 TDs to 8 ints his time with us. Yikes, ok nothing to see here 

I honestly don’t know anything about Walker.  However, I would hate to make decisions at this point.

the NFC south is a wide open division.  It is not out of possibly that the new coach may spark the locker room.

if I were the coach, I would stay in aggressive mode.  

1 minute ago, Green-Ghost said:

I honestly don’t know anything about Walker.  However, I would hate to make decisions at this point.

the NFC south is a wide open division.  It is not out of possibly that the new coach may spark the locker room.

if I were the coach, I would stay in aggressive mode.  

Question: do I stay in competitive mode and try to get in playoffs? Do I go in rebuilding mode and try to get draft picks?

I know,, Jim Mora,,  “Playoffs!  Are you kidding me! PLAYOFFS! I just hope we can win a game!”  However, one of the great things about football is proving the experts wrong.