• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What about Fritterer?

Waldo

28 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I hate to ask this, but since we are fairly fresh off some other "competitions," who is going to judge the "best and most qualified?"

Here's my concern: I don't think Tepper knows the difference.  He has already been the victim of one scam.

Brother, hes fell for more than one. Herniay brown-nosed him into thinking "hes the greatest evaluator of college talent"...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I think we were already there entering this year, locked in once Tepper retained Rhule.

If Tepper hires a good consultant to help fix the issues and set a new tone then that changes. I don't see anyone in house good to lean on and I don't see Tepper being able to do anything solo in the near future. One good hand to help the process would change lots of perception. Staying the course would just be more of the same. Tepper can't not hire a consultant to help clean up the mess he made with Rhule. He needs help on every angle and there are a lot of turds in the punchbowl left after Hurney and Rhule to sort through.

Who knows what went on behind the scenes but from the dysfunction we can all see it was more than we factually know at this time.  

I would love to see Rhule with Snyder. Just a perfect match. 

I was already feeling good yesterday with the demise of The Process, but then Tepper acknowledged his grand vision of creating a model NFL organization that questioned everything and showed the world a better way was misguided. 

I think we will be hearing stories about the dysfunction for quite a while.  It sounds like it permeated everything.  And with every new account, my opinion of Rhule gets lower and lower.  I also found myself asking how Tepper allowed it to continue, because he had to know it was going on.  Certainly not the Steeler model. 

As for Rhyle and Snyder......go ahead, Danny boy, swing for the fences!  I don't think Rhule's head and Snyder's would fit in the same room.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

...thing about fitt... did he go along with fhules plan or did he have actual input that was considered? He's come across good in media... but does he really know what hes talking about.... can't get a bead on this guy because of the shitty circumstance he was under.... we need for him to be legit...but didnt get the warm fuzzy from tipper...

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's a big concern for me.

Tepper is already in the conversation for worst owner in the league when it comes to both results (horrible win-loss record) and intelligence (the sheer stupidity of what he gave Rhule)

About the only positive he might still have to offer would be making the Panthers a great place to work, but it sounds like that might already be out the window too.

I really don't want to see us become the kind of long-term laughingstock we've seen some other teams be, but I fear we're headed in that direction if things don't change.

You nailed it - this has been my constant fear with him. He has those vibes.

How much control did he have? Was it him doing the drafting and trading? HonestIy feel we have done a good job of drafting and signing players under him. Yeah baker hasn’t worked out but the trade was still good.

Henderson and Darnold was the only two trades I didn’t like but they weren’t horrible. Darnold for a 2nd round pick at that time was a decent trade. He’s still young and has potential, Alex smith looked worse than Darnold and it took him over 5 years to become a good qb.