• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Quinn Hypothetical #2

Mr. Scot

So here's a different take than before, one I didn't include previously because it's...complicated, but one that could legitimately happen.

Start again with Dan Quinn getting the Panthers job...

Suppose also that Mike McCarthy gets fired by the Cowboys...

Whether it's Sean Payton or someone else, McCarthy's replacement may want to hire his own staff (especially if it's Payton) even if Jerry Jones wants to retain some of "his guys". But either way, in this scenario, OC Kellen Moore is allowed to seek other opportunities.

Dan Quinn then contacts Moore about joining him in Charlotte as the Panthers OC.

And from thence we go...

Would fans find this scenario more...palatable?

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

I don't think we want Quinn. I mean if you look at his Falcons era it wasn't bad on the surface but after he lost Shannahan it all fell apart. Can Moore orchestrate an offense to that level. Plus the amount of sheer talent they had when they were posting winning records was crazy, it won't always be like that. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

I don't think we want Quinn. I mean if you look at his Falcons era it wasn't bad on the surface but after he lost Shannahan it all fell apart. Can Moore orchestrate an offense to that level. Plus the amount of sheer talent they had when they were posting winning records was crazy, it won't always be like that. 

I'm not a fan, but it's a legit possibility so I'm looking at options.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

My main concern is if we somehow land a good OC for him they won't be here long.  It seems way easier to add a veteran DC these days than hold on to a good OC.  If we are looking at drafting a young QB, I would prefer some stability for him to develop.

I'd rather get an offensive coach and a veteran DC.

I could see someone suggesting Moore as head coach with Quinn as his DC, but I really don't think Moore has enough coaching experience to step into that role yet.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

We could go to Dan Quinn hypothetical #999 and I still wouldn't like it.

As Quinn scenarios go, I like this one better than the option of him picking one of his former colleagues like was discussed in the other thread.

Ultimately though, it's still a "lesser of two evils" sort of thing.

• Pie 1