• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Scott Fitterer will continue as Panthers GM in '23

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If fitt took a job where his boss is the head coach then he is dumber then I previously thought

Hes not alone in that, bro theres 32...well really 31 GM(jerriah) jobs. There are a few that the HC with full control- commies, pats, chiefs, etc etc. 

Everyone has a boss, you did know that right?

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If fitt took a job where his boss is the head coach then he is dumber then I previously thought

Seems like it worked out fine for him, no?  He got the promotion based on title even though he didn't have complete personnel control.  Maybe, just maybe, he was shrewd enough to figure out Rhule wouldn't be around long and he would eventually gain full control.  Sometimes on the way to the top you step over a few corpses.  Now we get to see what Fitterer is really capable of...for better or worse.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

3 years and Chinn is the only draft pick of value. Brown, Horn and Iky were picked 7th, 8th and 6th. Those are washes or below value so far.

You aren’t an intellectual here. You just can’t get that Fitterer really hasn’t done anything to say he’s any good. I mean, so far no one can even give me his best value move. Burn it down to mean means getting a Schneider instead of Rhule’s yes man. Give me a GM that a quality coach believes he can work with like Carroll did with Schneider.

Please just tell me what Fitterer has done in two years that makes him worth keeping? What coach hiring experience does he have. Feel free to do your critical thinking.

Ask Tepper.

And yes, we know. You're smarter than everyone else 😐

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You'd likely lose that bet.

It’s pure speculation at this point but it makes too much sense with their history in Buffalo. 

People like Fitterer because of the trades, but when you have Marty Hurney for 2 decades it’s hard to not like the next guy. 

Besides, what has Fitt really done? He doesn’t get any of the blame for the cap mess and wasted capital? Matt Rhule had him in a chicken wing with his head pressed against the monitor making him make the deals? No. 

Dorsey is a control freak if you can’t tell from how he handles himself on the field and in interviews. Those personalities gravitate towards people they are familiar with. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

More effort than it was worth, honestly...

But coming from someone whose go to argument is "fug fitt" I'd say I'm doing okay 😄

I’ve laid out his insane trades, crap extensions  and poo drafting in detail numerous times.  So yeah in closing fug fitt.    You however struggle to post something positive he has done.   

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Your last statement is my concern. We’ve seen Darnold, Mayfield and Corral. Do you really want to just give Fitterer a shot at a QB or do you feel confident he’ll draft the right one? I certainly don’t. Russell Wilson was drafted by Schneider and Carroll even said Schneider convinced him to take Wilson.

If you think about it, how many QBs has Fitt even been involved with drafting? How many coaches has he been involved in hiring?

@Mr. Scot even posted an article from Person about how Rhule had Fitterer sign off on the Darnold and Mayfield trades. Either he’s a yes man or he’s not any better.

At best he is a cuck.  

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Hes not alone in that, bro theres 32...well really 31 GM(jerriah) jobs. There are a few that the HC with full control- commies, pats, chiefs, etc etc. 

Everyone has a boss, you did know that right?

And when those GMs signed up with this teams, they knew they would be judged by the HCs vision. Fitterer chose poorly. 

• Pie 1