• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Scott Fitterer will continue as Panthers GM in '23

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

The team is 15M over NEXT years cap and is the worst team in the NFL. And he had nothing to do with any of it? There is no way he has no accountability for the contracts and cap mess. Why keep something around who helped put the team in this position to begin with. Hurney ring a bell?

He is not without blame. Hes not teflon. I believe a good portion was just following orders. Plus twatter had reporst that the anderson trade put them below the cap, idk. Hes much better than herniay in rounds 2-7 already. He has not signed a teddy2gloves like contract to anyone. His worse contract is the robbie anderson extension, whom do I feel is 100% fault for that?? His name doesnt start with a S and end with a R. 

If hes fired, I wouldnt complain or be upset. i do like him getting value in the drafts via trade points and such. Also do love hes willing to go after high reward low risk type of trades, the ones Herniay was scared to do(minus olsen). I do know this, 100% Id take him over Herinay. 2 years is enough for me, but hes not reached elite GM status.....hell chris ballard was thought of as elite annnnnnddddd thats had to change some given the last 2 years. 

Im both willing to allow the shot at picking his HC and wouldnt lose sleep if tepper fired him 2day. 

11 minutes ago, Toomers said:

The team is 15M over NEXT years cap and is the worst team in the NFL. And he had nothing to do with any of it? There is no way he has no accountability for the contracts and cap mess. Why keep something around who helped put the team in this position to begin with. Hurney ring a bell?

This is what I don’t understand. We have one of the worst cap situations and are the worst team in the league. There is no way he had nothing to do with it. He was all excited about the Darnold trade and the Robbie extension. 
If he somehow had NOTHING (which seems unlikely) to do with this situation, how can anyone say anything good about him? He would be basically a PR person for Rhule…

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Part of the reason we are in cap hell sits right with the man responsible for hiring Rhule. In order to trade for Watson, we had to make the cap space available. All that restructuring and BS associated with it was the responsibility of one David Tepper. And if we fire Fitts, Tepper will be in charge of finding the guys to consult, then hire the GM and the HC. Fitts has been average, but Tepper has poo the bed, all over the walls, and the floors. 

Then they could have just kept it and rolled it over to this year. They did CMC after the trade. But its spent down to 10M and more coming. Giving RA 16M for these 6 games is why they are in cap hell. 19M to a QB is too. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Another thing. I forget his name but there is a guy we have on staff who has worked closely with Fitterer who is from the Jets. Did Matt Rhule force him to do that too? I'm eager to see how he does without the college crap but it's a double edged sword because now he no longer has that card to play. It's all going to be him.

We haven't got anybody on staff who came from the Jets that I can think of.

You might be thinking of Terry Bradway. He's not on staff here. He and Fitterer are friends.

I do find myself wondering if this affects Pat Stewart at all. Stewart came here prior to Fitterer and Morgan because he and Rhule had worked together before.

I don't think it'll mean anything, but hey...

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Nov. 1. That is the deadline. TBD.

Pretty much all the "connected" folks say it's not happening.

We've also got an interim coach involved in a lawsuit related to tanking, so anything that might be seen as undermining him could be... problematic.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Part of the reason we are in cap hell sits right with the man responsible for hiring Rhule. In order to trade for Watson, we had to make the cap space available. All that restructuring and BS associated with it was the responsibility of one David Tepper. And if we fire Fitts, Tepper will be in charge of finding the guys to consult, then hire the GM and the HC. Fitts has been average, but Tepper has poo the bed, all over the walls, and the floors. 

Tepper was telling people inside the building "Watson will be a panther" for YEARS....even zob reported it.

They did make room for him and once it got to watsons team saying "its going to take a 250 million deal to land mr watson" allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll sudden tepper grips his wallet and that was maybe the first time he made the correct choice during his panther ownership...

Again Finnesserrerer is blame for that, just following the real boss orders....but still his fault......

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

We've also got an interim coach involved in a lawsuit related to tanking, so anything that might be seen as undermining him could be... problematic.

Honestly the line about Wilks having to do an "incredible job" to even be considered is pretty bad.  We all know the writing on the wall here, but Tepper really shouldn't have come out and said that.

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah well I don't give a flying fug about what anyone says about the future until it becomes the past. 

IDC who the fuging coach is now. We all know he has next to no ability to force any personnel move without Fitterer signing off on it. He isn't subordinate to anyone.

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Then they could have just kept it and rolled it over to this year. They did CMC after the trade. But its spent down to 10M and more coming. Giving RA 16M for these 6 games is why they are in cap hell. 19M to a QB is too. 

They spent it because they had to save face. Tepper made a mess and it had to get cleaned up. They had to look like they were at least doing something to get better, because restructuring all those deals made things a lot worse. The RA deal was crap. We all know it. But mortgaging your teams financial future to go after a guy who never had any interest in playing for this team unless there was no other option was stupid. Darnold is gone after this year so the 19m on this years disappears too. 

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

Honestly the line about Wilks having to do an "incredible job" to even be considered is pretty bad.  We all know the writing on the wall here, but Tepper really shouldn't have come out and said that.

"Things David Tepper probably shouldn't have said" is potentially a long list.

• Pie 1