• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you like to see CMC on the Bills?

Jmac

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

How about we keep him and you morons quit trying to trade away players we will need next year. I don't want to see us go into yet another frigging three year rebuild effort.

Our team is short a QB and a coaching staff IF we do NOT trade away all of our best players.

How do you not get this??? And when has our GM really done well with trades? 

Exactly 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

The truth is the truth. In a quarter century I've never seen a cult of fans around any other running back on this team and we have had some good ones no doubt.

Dude half of this fugging board wants to trade him ffs. And probably 80% of the board wants to trade him but not for pennies on the dollar. GTFO with this cult nonsense you are spewing. You can go look at my post history. I have been on board with trading him since before the season started. And I personally would accept taking a 2nd rounder for him because of positional value and where we are as a team. But I absolutely can understand those not wanting to part with him for less than a first.

He is an exceptional WR out of the back and can line up in the slot. For a creative OC he is a nightmare to defend against. You can use him in multiple ways. And that is something that is valuable. Take away CMC last week and our offense has about 50 yards in the entire fugging game. He is a difference maker on the field. His skin color has nothing to do with it. 

Do I think we should trade him? Yes I actually do. Do I understand the apprehensive responses to suggesting this? Yes I actually do. Regardless of what YOU think, he is an elite RB. That is evidence simply based on the fact that we have the worst offense in the entire NFL and yet he is the 4th highest scoring RB in fantasy. What that tells you is he produces. He is an incredible player. And in an offense with very few bright spots it is understandably hard for fans to want to trade away the only positive thing they have going for little value. 

In short, we agree that we should trade him. But you are making yourself sound stupid talking about "this cult obsessed with a white RB" because its so misinformed. DJ and CMC are about the only talented skill position players we have on our entire offense. Of course there are fans that don't want to see him go. Chill out. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

For the last time. We have many needs. We are facing another semi rebuild at minimum. We have one WR who can be really good when he wants but he is apparently disgruntled who knows if he stays. We have overpaid for guys like Ian Thomas and we have got to be one of the worst if not the worst at TE. You want to talk about helping a young QB. The go to for that is a solid TE for a safety valve and a solid versatile run game. Apparently Tepper is seeking an offensive minded coach for the new hire. That is a breath of fresh air. Surely that new coach will be able to come up with a better philosophy to build offensive gameplans around than "give one running back most of the touches the opposing defenses will never see that coming" that has been our bread and butter now with 3 different head coaches in 3 years.

Yes cut Ian. A better TE isn't that hard to find. We have tons of young WRs and WRs aren't that hard to find.

The line is looking decent.  

FA linebackers are relatively cheap.

We need a real 5 technique but there are zero in this draft apparently. 

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

The truth is the truth. In a quarter century I've never seen a cult of fans around any other running back on this team and we have had some good ones no doubt.

If he had the 03 Oline he'd run for 2000 plus yards. Davis was awesome but he had no top end to take it to the house.

D'Angelo was awesome but he was one dimensional. 

Jstew was pretty good but again not enough top end.

Nick Goings????

Biakabutuka???

Herky Jerky?

Winslow Oliver?

None of these guys are in the same universe as Cmac

It was cool seeing Smitty show he had some gas left after we kicked him out unceremoniously but that's about it. I'm a major homer. I can't even bring myself to watch non-Panther games.

As far as a trade I can't imagine a return for CMC that would be worthwhile. I'd rather have him for another 2 or 3 years over a late first and a third or whatever.

38 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Dude half of this fugging board wants to trade him ffs. And probably 80% of the board wants to trade him but not for pennies on the dollar. GTFO with this cult nonsense you are spewing. You can go look at my post history. I have been on board with trading him since before the season started. And I personally would accept taking a 2nd rounder for him because of positional value and where we are as a team. But I absolutely can understand those not wanting to part with him for less than a first.

He is an exceptional WR out of the back and can line up in the slot. For a creative OC he is a nightmare to defend against. You can use him in multiple ways. And that is something that is valuable. Take away CMC last week and our offense has about 50 yards in the entire fugging game. He is a difference maker on the field. His skin color has nothing to do with it. 

Do I think we should trade him? Yes I actually do. Do I understand the apprehensive responses to suggesting this? Yes I actually do. Regardless of what YOU think, he is an elite RB. That is evidence simply based on the fact that we have the worst offense in the entire NFL and yet he is the 4th highest scoring RB in fantasy. What that tells you is he produces. He is an incredible player. And in an offense with very few bright spots it is understandably hard for fans to want to trade away the only positive thing they have going for little value. 

In short, we agree that we should trade him. But you are making yourself sound stupid talking about "this cult obsessed with a white RB" because its so misinformed. DJ and CMC are about the only talented skill position players we have on our entire offense. Of course there are fans that don't want to see him go. Chill out. 

Oh please get down off the cross already guy. I don't see you stopping to take the time out to chastise any of these people making questionable remarks about a certain former Panthers hair or how he talks. Nothing even remotely offensive or derogatory was said about McCaffrey. And no we are not getting a first for him IMO a 3rd is what we are looking at and if we somehow got a 2nd that would be damn near a robbery.

Whoooo boy this is a tough one for me and I bet for a lot of Panthers fans.

On one hand CMC has been great when he is healthy.  He has been almost all the offense this year, without him our offensive stats would be historically bad.  He would be great for a rookie QB to have and he's a top 3 RB in the NFL.  He could have even better stats in another offensive system.

On the other hand he does have an injury history and he's one play away from having absolutely no value to the Panthers.  His cap hit is also high and if the team considers this a total tear down then I would understand trading him.  If this is the way they go the Panthers do need to set the price high, CMC is performing extremely well and I've said it in another thread he could be the piece to really put a team over the top as extreme favorites to win it all.....I'm looking at you Buffalo.  The Bills beat Kansas City this past weekend, but it could have gone either way.  You insert CMC in there and he becomes an added headache for any D coordinator playing the Bills.

I would ask for a 1st and a 2nd for him from Buffalo (we would have to retain some of his salary).  We are headed towards the #1 pick and that would mean we would have the #1 and very late first round pick from Buffalo, then we'd pick #33 and again somewhere around #62-64.  These picks can be used to address areas of need either by drafting, packaging picks to move up and possibly get 2 players who can help immediately, or trade for a player that we need.

tl,dr:  CMC is valuable whether he stays or is traded.

Edited by Rocky Davis

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh please get down off the cross already guy. I don't see you stopping to take the time out to chastise any of these people making questionable remarks about a certain former Panthers hair or how he talks. Nothing even remotely offensive or derogatory was said about McCaffrey. And no we are not getting a first for him IMO a 3rd is what we are looking at and if we somehow got a 2nd that would be damn near a robbery.

I think you are wrong about what the Panthers can get for him.  He's been too good when healthy to let go for anything other than a 1st round draft pick.

Just my opinion, and we can agree to disagree. 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

We've only had two backs in our team's history to have multiple 1,000 yard seasons : Christian and DeAngelo. Anthony Johnson (1996), Steve Davis (2003), and Jonathan Stewart (2009) each had one. Stewart almost got there in 2015 but he finished 11 yards short. No other RB's in team history have eclipsed 1,000 yards. Carolina hasn't had a history of elite running backs the past 27 years. McCaffrey is already the 4th leading rusher in team history in his 5th year on the team and he's barely played the past two seasons. The only players with more career rushing yards than him are J.Stewart, D.Williams, and Cam, a QB.

None of the above RB's  ever came close to getting 1,000 yards receiving. Christian isn't the fastest back we've ever had. Nor is he the  the strongest we've ever had. But his is undoubtedly the best all around back in team history. I don't think he is going to be "easy" to replace, especially if you give him away for pennies on the dollar, which IMHO would be anything less than a high 2nd round pick. 

Edited by SCO96
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I think you are wrong about what the Panthers can get for him.  He's been too good when healthy to let go for anything other than a 1st round draft pick.

Just my opinion, and we can agree to disagree. 

Listen brother I want a first too. But if a team has a chip like that to deal why wouldn’t they either use that to get a younger playmaker with less mileage and injury concerns or sign one of the FA backs in what is going to be one of the best free agent running back groups in years. We hold very little leverage. I would say just keep him for one or two more years but we are now on our third head coach and still the gameplan is "save me CMC here take all the touches". We don't score points with him we don't score points without him. We need a major shift in philosophy.