• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will the stands look like during the Steelers game

43 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

The Steelers fans have always travel well ever since their 4 SB wins in 6 years of the 70s.

Have one of the largest national fan bases in all the NFL as a result.

and Western Pa is one of the major relocations areas of the country to relocate in Charlotte.

Which all adds up to ....A Steeler home game in Dec in the Carolinas........

I live in Wilmington, and my neighborhood bar is a Steelers bar. 😞

2 minutes ago, Killah_Ray said:

Like it always does when we play them?  Terrible towels everywhere and a black and gold stadium....

You see a lot of them at every away game as they play making it easy to ID their fan base in the stands on TV and for the Steeler players in endzone celebrations..............

The whole towel things was started by the former Sports Illustrated writer and Steeler color announcer the late Myron Cope as a promo device that later was used to drive funding for a charity of his........however before the towel he used to say to the women in the crowd to take off their babushka and wave them........a babushka is Russian/Polish for a head scarf. Since Pgh, Pa has many Poles and Eastern Europeans there working as miners and steelworkers many years ago (there is a place called Polish Hill) he played up that deal.........which was actually borrowed from Pirate baseball games and announcer Bob Prince who first called waving those at baseball games prior to Myron picking up on that........so many women did that at games that the move to a towel similar in size for everyone to use caught on fast..........the point of this background being when Cope made the move to towels it became so popular and noticeable that everyone else adapted it throughout many sports venues to this day.  

In retrospect, I wish babushka was Russian/Polish for a bra................

1 hour ago, t96 said:

They definitely were; dude tried to push out Tomlin against their wishes. 

That should tell us all we need to know.

And that was, oh yeah, when Tomlin had all those losing seasons. Oh, I forgot, he still has never had a losing season in his entire career. And Tepper has four in a row...

Tomlin is going to go down as one of the great NFL coaches, first ballot HoF guy and one of the pillars of the league. And I am certainly not a Steelers fan, but that guy is one of the best ever and in the top three of this generation. Maybe top two.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

That should tell us all we need to know.

And that was, oh yeah, when Tomlin had all those losing seasons. Oh, I forgot, he still has never had a losing season in his entire career. And Tepper has four in a row...

Tomlin is going to go down as one of the great NFL coaches, first ballot HoF guy and one of the pillars of the league. And I am certainly not a Steelers fan, but that guy is one of the best ever and in the top three of this generation. Maybe top two.

I used to think he was great, then good, then just above average.

How many playoff games has he won in 10 seasons?

44 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I used to think he was great, then good, then just above average.

How many playoff games has he won in 10 seasons?

It's a fair argument. Three wins in the last 10 years. Eight playoff wins, including a Super Bowl, for his career. And since 2007, his team has only missed the playoffs twice.

In a league built on parity, his legacy is pretty darned good. Our fanbase would kill for that kind of record.

44 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's a fair argument. Three wins in the last 10 years. Eight playoff wins, including a Super Bowl, for his career. And since 2007, his team has only missed the playoffs twice.

In a league built on parity, his legacy is pretty darned good. Our fanbase would kill for that kind of record.

Not really. It's mediocre.