• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT ARTICLE: The Panthers slide squarely into tank mode

WarPanthers89

Meh sending Burns away would be tanking IMO.

We weren't winning with CMC and we needed draft capital. We were fugged the moment Rhule came back for year 3. This is just cleanup. Any confirmation on if CMC asked to be dealt? Kind of changes the narrative. 

I haven't seen any of these moves as tanking but just solid cleanup moves. We are just a bad team that wasn't set up well to win this year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fans have been begging for this ever since we parted ways with Cam. This was what Rhule should've done when he had the good will of being a proudly hired new coach.

Absolutely. I guess it was hubris? They thought they could win immediately, and then started making panicky moves chasing that high. 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

Just now, Scum of the Turf said:

I don’t believe in tanking in the nfl.  Only the nba. 1 player in the draft to be a starter in the nba s 20% of yur starting rotation.  Getting a player in the nfl draft gets u 1/22 starter in the nfl.  It’s more about culture in the nfl.  Winning begats winning , losing begats losing. Tanking in the nfl, especially in wk 7, kills the fans, the players , and the organization .  And makes the owner look worse than he does.  So this better work ! 

We have won 16 games in 4 years.  What winning culture are you referring to?  Something had to be done.  These players are not getting it done rhule or no rhule

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Same

If you’re doing it you do it 100%

Those two idiots might just mess around one Sunday with the defense coming through and we accidentally win. Then this entire plan goes to sh!t because Detroit and Houston most likely aren’t winning many more if any more games too

I think Detroit has a better chance at winning more games than the Texans. hopefully we start playing practice squad and backups. And IR some players or take them out of games if they have any little ding. I’m fine with pick 1 or 2 though.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Scum of the Turf said:

I don’t believe in tanking in the nfl.  Only the nba. 1 player in the draft to be a starter in the nba s 20% of yur starting rotation.  Getting a player in the nfl draft gets u 1/22 starter in the nfl.  It’s more about culture in the nfl.  Winning begats winning , losing begats losing. Tanking in the nfl, especially in wk 7, kills the fans, the players , and the organization .  And makes the owner look worse than he does.  So this better work ! 

Tanking is 100% in the NFL though. You still have to win a lottery in the NBA. You can pull off the perfect tank and still get screwed.

The bottom line is that if you're not going to the playoffs, every game you win is hurting you in the long run. It's the most frustrating thing about being a pro sports fan. With college sports you always want to win. There's no competitive advantage to losing. With pro sports the reality is that there is a true competitive advantage to losing if you're not post season bound.

6 minutes ago, Scum of the Turf said:

Front offices tank.  Jets did it Sam’s last year. We have now entered tank mode.  Players don’t tank.  Front offices do. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Growl said:

I’m guessing this more or less kills any interest Brian burns has in resigning here 

I’m actually surprised you’re this upset about cmc being traded with how much you know this is a qb driven league and we need to tank. we can tag burns, he can see after this draft what direction we are going with a new coach and a top QB. Or we can get draft capital from him I don’t even care. This had to happen. The defense knows the offense is complete trash and holding this team back and the FO is doing something about it. I actually applaud them for doing this because the backlash has been severe.

• Pie 1