• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC Trade Grades

UNCrules2187

1 hour ago, Purrnicious said:

But if you're not livid that the team has been mismanaged so badly that we're staring down a completely lost season, a total rebuild and likely several seasons before we have a chance to compete again then you're not as invested in this team as I am. 

This.  And the fact is they aren't invested.  They think you have to tank and lose for a few years like the Browns, Jags and Jets in order to finally become SB champs because all three of those are.

All they care about is the huddle.  You're not a fan, if you're at the game and not on the huddle.  You're not a fan if you don't post year round in this perpetual shltfest.  All they care is that the panthers do what they think is the "right way" to rebuild, which is tank and draft a QB.

This is  what they wanted, a full on fncking tank, bottom of the league, clown show to top every other clown show in the league.

Now Rhule's choice for GM is genius.  Tepper is now smart.  And we have hope because those two are going to nail HC and QB.  Its fncking psychotic.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No one with any sense thought this was a Super Bowl team.

You know losing him sets us back years.

He's the perfect compliment to a young QB.

With a Roethlisberger type QB and Cmac we could have possibly won in 2 or 3 years.

Big Ben did it why can't we?

Just now, kungfoodude said:

When you have an OC this bad and a QB room this bad, there is no secret sauce.

The fact that you couldn't see this coming is just sad.

Its true I predicted we'd do much better than this.

but...

Kungfoodude season prediction:

7-10.

Obvious improvement on offense but the team starts hot

Your hot start prediction was spot on tho.  So sad you couldn't see it coming.

What a joke.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Purrnicious said:

But if you're not livid that the team has been mismanaged so badly that we're staring down a completely lost season, a total rebuild and likely several seasons before we have a chance to compete again then you're not as invested in this team as I am. 

I'm not livid. This team burned my anger out years ago and the last three years or so gave rise to apathy when it comes to the Panthers. Whenever they decide to show something worth supporting and caring about, I'll consider doing so. Until then, to quote an old coach, "it is what it is."

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You know losing him sets us back years.

He's the perfect compliment to a young QB.

With a Roethlisberger type QB and Cmac we could have possibly won in 2 or 3 years.

Big Ben did it why can't we?

It doesn't. Quite unfortunately even RB's of his caliber don't move the needle much without a good QB and a good HC. We have neither at the moment.

His window of high production is likely getting shorter and shorter. He would be largely wasted in our pursuit of the pieces that will make us successful again.

Big Ben was on the most consistent franchise in NFL history. That comparison doesn't land for that reason alone.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Its true I predicted we'd do much better than this.

but...

Kungfoodude season prediction:

7-10.

Obvious improvement on offense but the team starts hot

Your hot start prediction was spot on tho.  So sad you couldn't see it coming.

What a joke.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for that rent free space in your head.

19 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

The true grade will be based on what they do with the draft picks.  If we wind up with a buncha crap players its a fail... land 2 starters or 1 pro bowl stud and its a home run.

I never understood this argument. If I buy a $50 item from you for $100, did you make a bad deal with me just because you decide to use the 100 to buy a $10 item?

• Pie 2

My thing is that what people don't seem to want to acknowledge is that there is more than one way to get to and win a chip, and the formula is not going to be exactly the same every window or possibly even every year depending upon the pieces that you have. Each year is a puzzle unto itself, and the good coaches and GMs adapt perennially and situationally.

We've seen teams win with star QBs, washed-up QBs and even backup QBs win relatively recently. We've seen teams win without stud RBs as recently as last year (and not even talking about the postseason). 

I'm not going to get into a long, dragged-out discussion, but the secret sauce is situational and adaptive acquisition, management and play-calling. 

As for picks, sure they don't guarantee anything, but that includes first rounders as well. I understand the argument that higher picks lead to a higher success rate, but I've seen FOs do some Hella work with later round picks, castoffs and UDFAs playing at relatively high levels. Our GM comes from that type of culture. 

Basically, success and failure are baked into the drafting process. Unfortunately you're not gonna always be right, but the more darts that you have, the more likely you're going to be able to hit on starting level and or complementary players to get you to where you want to go if your GM and scouting department do their jobs well. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2