• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud

Vox

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The Panthers need to ask the NFL if they can roll over their first overall pick in 23 to 24 lol (yes, I’m banking on the #1 pick).

Williams, Maye, and Ewers will be the best class that we’ve seen in a long time.

This gets said literally every year and by the time the draft rolls around they've picked enough holes through the prospects to decide the following year is the best QB class.  I do love Williams and Ewers, but Stroud/Young probably comparable talents in reality.

Edited by stan786
  • Pie 7

1 minute ago, Pakmeng said:

I'm surprised so many are completely overlooking Hooker.  He's got as much chance to rise to the top as anyone. Size and smarts and production.

His age is definitely a factor, he’ll be 25 before he sets foot on an NFL field and a team with a top 10 pick can’t afford to let him to develop for two years because by then he’s already 27, the team that drafts Hooker is most likely looking for a backup.

• Pie 2

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

His age is definitely a factor, he’ll be 25 before he sets foot on an NFL field and a team with a top 10 pick can’t afford to let him to develop for two years because by then he’s already 27, the team that drafts Hooker is most likely looking for a backup.

As a Tennessee fan I love Hooker but I do think a lot of what he does is propped up by the offense we run which makes it easy on him.  I dont notice the same  ball placement I do with Young/Stroud when watching him play.  He's a guy I think goes on day 2 and ends up being a really successful backup spot starter as he definitely has the mentality and drive to be successful.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, stan786 said:

This gets said literally every year and by the time the draft rolls around they've picked enough holes through the prospects to decide the following year is the best QB class.  I do love Williams and Ewers, but Stroud/Young probably comparable talents in reality.

True, but I can find a more glaring holes in Stroud’s and Young’s game (really no fault of their own as one is size and the other is system) than I can find in Williams’, Ewers’, and Maye’s.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Just now, stan786 said:

As a Tennessee fan I love Hooker but I do think a lot of what he does is propped up by the offense we run which makes it easy on him.  I dont notice the same  ball placement I do with Young/Stroud when watching him play.  He's a guy I think goes on day 2 and ends up being a really successful backup spot starter as he definitely has the mentality and drive to be successful.

I’ve seen comparison’s to Brissett which seem fairly accurate.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

True but I can find a more glaring holes in Stroud’s and Young’s game (really no fault of their own as one is size and the other is system) than I can find in Williams’, Ewers’, and Maye’s.

I just think give them enough time and the holes will start to show more, ewers has played like five games total for example.  Though Caleb Williams is very very good I cant argue that.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I just think give them enough time and the holes will start to show more, ewers has played like five games total for example.  Though Caleb Williams is very very good I cant argue that.

QBs always get over analyzed and the more tape they have in college the more holes get poked, it’s the main reason why Herbert went after Tua instead of before. People docked his skill set from tape in a bad offense System.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

QBs always get over analyzed and the more tape they have in college the more holes get poked, it’s the main reason why Herbert went after Tua instead of before. People docked his skill set from tape in a bad offense System.

100%, I would say i'm just thankful we bottomed out this year and not last year.  That would have been brutal for us.

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Same thing happened to Watson. He fell to 12 because there was just so much familiarity with him that people talked themselves out of it.

Peyton was talking up the fact that NO was going to draft Mahomes but he passed on Watson and went with Lattimore. 

• Pie 1