• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud

Vox

I'm telling you guys we're overthinking this. Bryce Young has everything you want in a QB and we shouldn't pass on him if we have a chance to draft him. I'll take the risk that he could get injured in the NFL but he's too talented to pass on.

• Pie 2

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

So one game makes a player now?

Stroud has been historically good and this is a big game for him as Iowa is one of the best defensive teams in college football…. With that said, overreacting to one play or even one game is asinine.

His first real competition of the year and it's just Iowa.

He's an OSU QB

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

His first real competition of the year and it's just Iowa.

He's an OSU QB

This tells me all I need to know… maybe you don’t watch enough college ball.

Iowa is 7th in total defense and has only allowed 3 passing TD’s all year, they have a really good secondary. Their offense on the other hand, is atrocious.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

This tells me all I need to know… maybe you don’t watch enough college ball.

Iowa is 7th in total defense and has only allowed 3 passing TD’s all year, they have a really good secondary. Their offense on the other hand, is atrocious.

To be fair it’s telling on the other side as well. If he ends up with a mediocre stat line in this game it tells you his stats are inflated and he can’t play up to competition 

• Pie 2

Ohio State just outclasses everybody in this conference. Day makes it so easy for his guys, it’s hard to judge. WR was just running open and would’ve been a TD but Stroud threw it late and behind him. I hope they make the CFP so we can see him/them against teams who can match up athletically.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

His age is definitely a factor, he’ll be 25 before he sets foot on an NFL field and a team with a top 10 pick can’t afford to let him to develop for two years because by then he’s already 27, the team that drafts Hooker is most likely looking for a backup.

I don't understand all the negativity against Hooker's age. Sure, teams want young guys so they can develop and be good around age 25, but being older can also be an advantage as Hooker can be more mature and adapt faster to a grown man's game than a 21 year old. Rodgers, Brady, and Brees have played into their mid to late 40s with longevity in their careers. 

All that matters is if the prospect can be a franchise QB, who cares so much about age? Darnold is about the same age as Hooker and he's had 4 years in the NFL to prove that he is a bust. 

7 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I don't understand all the negativity against Hooker's age. Sure, teams want young guys so they can develop and be good around age 25, but being older can also be an advantage as Hooker can be more mature and adapt faster to a grown man's game than a 21 year old. Rodgers, Brady, and Brees have played into their mid to late 40s with longevity in their careers. 

All that matters is if the prospect can be a franchise QB, who cares so much about age? Darnold is about the same age as Hooker and he's had 4 years in the NFL to prove that he is a bust. 

It’s obvious NFL teams care about age… maybe more than they should, but using three guys as an outlier when we recently saw Luck retire early doesn’t help much (our old elite QB, Cam, can’t even get a job). For every elite QB that may play til’ their late 30’s, there’s many more who are done by their early to mid 30’s.

If it takes Hooker two years to get adjusted to the NFL game then you are looking at a 27 year old player as your franchise QB, maybe he has 5 to 7 good years in him.

On the contrary, Stroud or Young might have 10 years or so in them…

Edited by MillionDollarCam

2 hours ago, gmonjimbo said:

I think Bryce Young is the best QB in the draft and the best prospect at QB since Lawrence. His height and weight are a concern. However, his processing, pocket awareness, accuracy, and toughness against the best level of competition you can play against outside the NFL, the SEC, speaks volumes. 

The problem with Ohio State is I've seen Cardale Jones, Dwayne Haskins (threw 50 TDs his last year at OSU), Justin Fields throw for 40 plus TDs and complete 70% of their passes, then look completely inept and unprepared for the NFL. There is an overwhelming advantage that OSU has at the skill positions that makes it hard to evaluate their QBs. 

I say pull the trigger on Young and continue to invest in the Oline. 

Young is the best QB available and I really don’t think I will change my mind throughout the process.  He is amazing 

He has had like zero games where he has struggled 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 4