• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offers for Burns

Mr. Scot

If we were two get 2 1st rounders and say a 3rd for Burns and we absolutely know we are going to be running a 4-3 defense I say yes. 

Burns is great as a 3-4 DE, but unless it's behind the LOS or he isn't being blocked by a 300 RT (or LT) he's a liability against the run.  Can he grow and be better against the run, possibly.  Is it a guarantee no.

I still don't see a team offering enough so it's probably a moot point anyways.

Love to see Shaq, Ian Thomas, CJ all traded though.  Hell, if we can get some good practice balls and a couple of coolers of Gatorade for next season we send Chuba outta here too.

28 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Let’s look at how replacing players has gone thus far in the Tepper Era:

QB: downgrade
RB: downgrade
WR: downgrade 
TE: downgrade
OL: push
DL: downgrade
LB: downgrade 
CB: downgrade
S: push

Yeah, more picks works out well. 

This analysis is wrong on OL and CB, both position groups are better than when Tepper took over. More importantly, it ignores the fact that owners don't draft players, GM's and coaches do, and the coach and possibly GM who will be using these picks remain to be determined.

Did Tepper whiff badly on his first coach hire? Yes.

Does that automatically mean every hire he makes will be horribly inept and therefore acquiring picks will never matter the sky is falling let's slit our wrists nobody likes us everybody hates us guess we'll go eat worms?

No.  The next hire could suck too, but the only alternative to hoping it's better is to resign yourself to misery as a fan or stop watching. Personally I've chosen to stop watching until the team gives me a reason to watch. 

YMMV.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Per Steve Reed about an hour ago, he may be speculating but it’s worth mentioning: a player not many have mentioned that could be traded before the deadline is Donte Jackson. 

again, it seems like speculation, but you never know. 

Didn't like his extension. He's continuously banged up, a shoestring duster and gambles too much thinking his speed can bail him out.  The only other DB I'd part ways with I'd Henderson.  I'd take a 6th for him right now.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Didn't like his extension. He's continuously banged up, a shoestring duster and gambles too much thinking his speed can bail him out.  The only other DB I'd part ways with I'd Henderson.  I'd take a 6th for him right now.

trading him before June 1 wouldnt be ideal for dead cap and salary cap reasons. I get there would be interest, but if we hold onto him we actually would be in a better position of moving him off the roster at a later point, unless the offer is above expectations.

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

trading him before June 1 wouldnt be ideal for dead cap and salary cap reasons. I get there would be interest, but if we hold onto him we actually would be in a better position of moving him off the roster at a later point, unless the offer is above expectations.

Untouchables for me: Ickey, Moore (contract mainly), Brown, Chinn and Horn.  I would say Burns, but if he can net us two first rounders?  Any less than that and Burns is off limits too.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Untouchables for me: Ickey, Moore (contract mainly), Brown, Chinn and Horn.  I would say Burns, but if he can net us two first rounders?  Any less than that and Burns is off limits too.

for me right now the only tradeable is Shaq. If Burns were to go... it would have to be multiple firsts and a mid to late mid pick. Its just too much production to give up at one of the most valuable positions in the game.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Completely agree. We let Gilmore walk to bring donte back. A guy that actually wanted to be here (not saying donte doesn’t) and all pro player that actually wanted to play in Carolina. That’s hard to come by.