• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s your 2023 QB big board (including Corral)

Wundrbread33

3 hours ago, saX man said:

It's not Corral specifically, but relatively & it's all of last year's class.  Everything I've seen hasn't changed a thing, if anything pushes them all down further. I wanted to love Corral, want to root for him, hell, still will, hope I get proven wrong.  Chris Simms babay...amiright?

I won't lie though, was definitely on some hype trains, we're QB desperate..some open to go in R1, but in the grand scheme of things, the first guy I'm saying, "oh I'd for sure take Malik/Pickett/Corral/Ridder over" is around that Hall/Ward range.  Young, Stroud, Levis, no questions asked.  Penix looks miles better and has a monster ceiling, the arm finesse, size, agility, decent footwork.  Upside with Hooker is immense.  McKee is being very overlooked but I know due to my Stanford and Colts connections he is being eyed hard by many, he checks nearly every box.  But 2021's group--they don't even sniff the top of this draft. 

As a prospect--if we're stretching the pool out a few years, I see the bulk of last years class somewhere between a Kizer and Mills.  Some good upside, great traits, nothing remotely special.  High bust potential.

The fact that basically every team went in another direction from pick 17 to 74...57 entire picks to take the next QB after Kenny freaking Pickett tells you everything you need to know. 

Corral, all excuses and circumstance aside, just downright looked bad.  Some guys will still show a glimmer of something, some type of "in it", poise, spunk.  He just didn't belong, Tony Pike level.  I'll try to hope otherwise, but other than his flick release, he needs to grow a ton. 

He escaped the pocket beautifully and hit the TE in the hands for a potential 20-30 gain and he dropped it. Maybe the TE didn't expect the ball to hit his hands like that. Totally Corrals fault, pathetic.

The Golden Panther shall return. Once you guys see Young Lion, aka Golden Corral, aka MC9, aka Golden Boy play he'll remind you of Aaron Rodgers. Just watch.

I'm glad we're in our own Russell Wilson situation. I'm not greedy. We could really really really really use a monster DE on the other side of Burns.

A good QB and a D line like that and a O line is how 2003 and 2015 happened. We could be back quickly with just a little more rush in our pass rush.

We haven't seen Corral with the first team line. Not publicly, so judge him AFTER that before all the slack talk, then I'll agree or disagree. 

He didn't have guys who could catch, I just named two drops that would have made his stat line reflect the effort. Gotta see him with fellow starters like himself.

Until then it's just spoiled children turning their head not having tasted the deliciousness before their very lips.

26 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

We haven't seen Corral with the first team line. Not publicly, so judge him AFTER that before all the slack talk, then I'll agree or disagree. 

He didn't have guys who could catch, I just named two drops that would have made his stat line reflect the effort. Gotta see him with fellow starters like himself.

Until then it's just spoiled children turning their head not having tasted the deliciousness before their very lips.

Take a breath big guy 

• Pie 1

I'm not in the crowd that would suggest passing on drafting a quarterback for him, but in all fairness I do feel like we genuinely don't know sh-t about Matt Corral.

Rhule's process of "give him four reps and then throw him into a game" was obviously pretty stupid and did him no favors. Don't really see how anybody could deny that.

Basically, I'd give him a fair shot next offseason. But at the same time I wouldn't hold off on drafting somebody new in the first.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1