• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's be honest. DJ doesn't deserve this.

Snake

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

I don't see DJ going anywhere anyway these discussions are just going to deteriorate into nonsense. And truthfully most of the people who want him gone were blind CMC homers who would have kept their favorite RB here forever if they had their way.

If I had my picks in the draft, you would have CMC, Nick Chubb, Stefon Diggs, Cooper Kupp, and Hunter Henry anchoring this offense and getting the targets. DJ Moore would never have been in a Panthers uniform.

• Poo 3

1 hour ago, Snake said:

It's time to listen to reasonable offers and totally rebuild this team. 

Dude needs to play with the heart he did as a rookie. At times he seems to just go through the motions.  True #1s don't have the ebbs and flows with consistency that DJ has. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

If I had my picks in the draft, you would have CMC, Nick Chubb, Stefon Diggs, Cooper Kupp, and Hunter Henry anchoring this offense and getting the targets. DJ Moore would never have been in a Panthers uniform.

Unfortunately life doesn't work that way and McCaffrey is gone. Join us in the current reality.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Dude needs to play with the heart he did as a rookie. At times he seems to just go through the motions.  True #1s don't have the ebbs and flows with consistency that DJ has. 

I can't argue with you. Tbh I think he played with Hart today but after this loss will tell the tell. To me having more picks down the road would be more helpful. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Snake said:

I can't argue with you. Tbh I think he played with Hart today but after this loss will tell the tell. To me having more picks down the road would be more helpful. 

At times he did, but that's my point, true alpha #1s bring it every game, every snap.   How many times did you see Smitty have these type of consistency issues?  The only reason I'm not totally bagging on him is he did come up clutch on that last score.  Prior to that, his performance today was spotty at best.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

At times he did, but that's my point, true alpha #1s bring it every game, every snap.   How many times did you see Smitty have these type of consistency issues?  The only reason I'm not totally bagging on him is he did come up clutch on that last score.  Prior to that, his performance today was spotty at best.

Not going to argue with that either. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, T-Wazzle said:

Blame the kicker, blame DJ...

When did football become a one man sport?  They're both to blame.

Sequence of events my friend.  No personal foul, just a standard PAT and a TON less pressure.  That cannot be discounted.  Eddie did choke, but he shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place.  Secondly, DJ shouldn't have been laughing off the penalty.  He only looked remorseful after the kick was missed.

25 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I think Steve knows DJ is kinda soft 

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

No. I believe CMC being traded in conference was a dumb move and will come back to haunt the Panthers for years. The draft picks are a waste until the Panthers can prove they can beat the 49ers over the remainder of CMC's career. That trade will define how bad a GM Fitterer is in the NFL.

I think you are vastly overestimating the impact he's going to have. Watching him it's obvious he doesn't have the same burst he once did. Injuries have taken their toll. He's a good RB who might have a few more good years if he can manage to remain healthy. He's a good complement to an offense but without a franchise QB he isn't going to win you Super Bowls.

• Pie 1

I am not sure I understand being against criticism of a player who put us in a bad spot over a penalty but I didn’t watch so I can’t really judge.

I will say that kicker proved he couldn’t do his job under pressure from the 14 yard line, he probably would have missed the winning kick from anywhere. 

22 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I think Steve knows DJ is kinda soft 

I don't think he's soft. I think he doesn't give a crap 75% of the time. It's just more apparent with Anderson and CMC gone. You really see the risers and fallers when talent isn't great with a unit. 

• Pie 1