• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone needs to calm down

Cdparr7

Another football season wasted and over early - 5 years in a row now.  Seattle is winning with Geno Smith, no running game, and a suspect defensive line.  Atlanta is winning with a talent poor roster on both sides of the ball.  The Jets are winning with the worst QB in the nfl and no one on offense I’ve ever heard of.  It’s friggin depressing man.  

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

Another football season wasted and over early - 5 years in a row now.  Seattle is winning with Geno Smith, no running game, and a suspect defensive line.  Atlanta is winning with a talent poor roster on both sides of the ball.  The Jets are winning with the worst QB in the nfl and no one on offense I’ve ever heard of.  It’s friggin depressing man.  

No running game? Kenneth Walker is an animal.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I blame most of those years on the fat moron we had coaching the team. This is the healing process. This Falcons team also beat San Fran, they’re not AS BAD as we’d think. This is the healing process. It’s irresponsible to honestly think PJ Walker can genuinely lead this team to a real shot. I want to see the team fight. I want to see what we have in pieces that were never given a chance under the fat moron. It sucks to say “it’ll get better” because it has been a rough stretch, but it really will get better.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

At least the passion is back from the fan base. Good to see we have a pulse again. 

I love that.  The Matt Rhule era really drained a lot of us of our passion for the team.  I'm glad the fans are getting invested again.   That feels great.

The game though was a heart breaker.  But I was so glad to get excited myself.  When PJ hit DJ for that last second TD, I was going nuts.  I haven't done that in a long time!  My wife was laughing at me.  It was just up and down, killing me lol.  I hated we lost, but it was great to just feel the excitement again.

There are a LOT of issues to fix though.  I'm not sure there is enough time to really get that fixed this season with this roster.  But they played hard, didn't give up, and that's good enough for me after Matt Rhule's drag-assing time.

I have no idea what the future of the Panthers will be, but I'm glad to feel like I can be a fan again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Eric4280 said:

So you’re gonna cherry pick the YPC stat? Obviously NYG sold out for the run. Seattle has upside at RB more than “no running game”.

I mean he’s averaging 60 yards a game.  To me, a solid 100 yard per game back is a good running game.  Their team rushing stats are inflated because of Geno averaging 4.4 YPC.  

I admit I shouldn’t have said they have no running game.  It’s just not one good enough to justify their record.  Even average players on that team are doing their jobs without stupid mistakes 

20 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

I view whatever happens for the rest of the season as a win win.

Win and establish a nice winning , gritty culture.

Play like this and fight but naturally get a top pick, is also a naturally good consolation. The team needs a few things and got rid of the biggest issue of all (Matt Rhules stupid azz).

Don’t put so much expectations on wins and losses, just take the season and enjoy the ride.

You forgot option c (which is the Panther way). Win enough games to just miss the playoffs, and also miss out on a top 3 pick.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

When we werenp’t getting screwed by Pineiro, we were getting screwed by the refs.

We have progressively gotten better the past three weeks, the team on the field today would have beat the team we had last week. This game would have never been close with Rhule. 

Winnable game next week and a rematch with the Falcons right after. Still 9 games left. I actually came away from this game with confidence, I haven’t seen this much fight out of the team in years.

Calm DOWN.....you're telling us Panthers' FANS to CALM DOWN....you need to CALM DOWN!!!!  The PICK 6 didn't help...but DJ ripping his helmet off after the TD...well...that DIDN't HELP...wouldve WON the game if he wasn't a MO RON!!!!!

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Oh this game made you feel better about the team? This fanbase just has Stockholm Syndrome at this point. To me it was more of the same old garbage we’ve seen for many years. A game the Panthers should have won they managed to lose.

I don’t like to lose this way but what are the expectations? What is the long term vision? Fix the DNA disaster that was Matt Rhule, in three weeks? In the long run, this loss could mean the difference in a draft spot. Like how close we were to Herbert. In a perfect world, I’d love to win under any circumstance, but I understand that real, meaningful, future building wins aren’t really really on the table. Not with Pj Walker, Sam Darnold, or Baker Mayfield. Like I said, take any winning expectation and tamper it. If we get them, awesome, if we don’t , look at the bright side. It’s a positive when you look long term spectrum.