• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OMG... Refs and kicking game screw us.

Dragoon11

7 minutes ago, w280sax said:

Terry McLaurin just caught a bomb down to the 1 at the end of their game and took his helmet off in the middle of the field to celebrate.  All good.

Not sure why. There was a timeout called and his wasn't a td.  When is this a penalty in the rulebook?

Well, I do put a small amount of blame on Moore... they have to keep their emotions in check, especially on the road. Go back to the sideline and celebrate. At the same time, give me a break refs... you saw that play, how could Moore NOT be emotional. Makes the kick a 48 yarder, should penalize during the kickoff not the extra point. It sucks because it makes you feel like this team is just snake bitten. Panthers should have won this damn game.

8 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

It was definitely a penalty.  People saying he took his helmet off off the field of play are right technically he was in the back of the endzone but then he instantly came back on the field without his helmet on.

I get it TECHNICALLY... but the league needs to understand that this is the NFL with grown ass men. And, plays like this do not happen very often... how can Moore not be very emotional, who wouldn't be? I think the NFL should make some of these instances judgement calls. If you are up by 21 points and do that, yes, I understand the call. But, this was a game winning catch in the final seconds of the game, let those guys enjoy the moment.

That being said, I do wish DJ had not jumped up on the wall... you ARE in Atlanta, not at home. Of course it's going to get the refs attention. I get it that the rules are the rules, but a call like that should not be able to affect the outcome of the game. Maybe penalize the call during the kickoff, not the XP. IDK, it's not a perfect world, whatever... just sucks how we lost today. One of most heartbreaking I can remember in a while. Panthers had 1st place IN THE BAG!

28 minutes ago, w280sax said:

Terry McLaurin just caught a bomb down to the 1 at the end of their game and took his helmet off in the middle of the field to celebrate.  All good.

Not sure why. There was a timeout called and his wasn't a td.  When is this a penalty in the rulebook?

I don’t have the game recorded but I swear in the first half a DT took his helmet off ON the field after making a play and no penalty. 

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I don’t have the game recorded but I swear in the first half a DT took his helmet off ON the field after making a play and no penalty. 

I don't understand the rule... if the play is over after refs have blown the whistle or after a TD, what does it even matter? Risk of fights maybe?

Edited by Dragoon11

1 minute ago, Dragoon11 said:

I don't understand the rule... if the play is over after refs have blown the whistle or after a TD, what does it even matter?

To me it’s like holding, happens all the time, it’s just a matter of if they want to call it and be dick heads. 

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

No Im mad at him missing in OT.

Sure.  Do you think he would have missed a regular xp though?  Also if he had hit the xp and it had been to tie instead of win do you think he would have been in the same mental state on the ot kick?   Hes a backup kicker that we signed off the streets.  Hes been solid, bad day to have a bad day may cost him his pro career. 

57 minutes ago, Dragoon11 said:

I get it TECHNICALLY... but the league needs to understand that this is the NFL with grown ass men. And, plays like this do not happen very often... how can Moore not be very emotional, who wouldn't be? I think the NFL should make some of these instances judgement calls. If you are up by 21 points and do that, yes, I understand the call. But, this was a game winning catch in the final seconds of the game, let those guys enjoy the moment.

That being said, I do wish DJ had not jumped up on the wall... you ARE in Atlanta, not at home. Of course it's going to get the refs attention. I get it that the rules are the rules, but a call like that should not be able to affect the outcome of the game. Maybe penalize the call during the kickoff, not the XP. IDK, it's not a perfect world, whatever... just sucks how we lost today. One of most heartbreaking I can remember in a while. Panthers had 1st place IN THE BAG!

Yea I'm not saying it's a good rule, just that he did break it.

Our kickers miss important kicks EVERY season. This is nothing new. Gano and Slye say hello. The refs could have easily swallowed the flag, sure ... but it was a penalty. Many were to blame for the loss today, but it's not the refs. DJ and the penalty, Eddy and the misses, the defense letting Mariota thrive, living by our RB still, etc. But hey, the other team plays too. Congrats on Atlanta for taking advantage.

• Beer 3