• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, no love to Henderson

top dawg

4 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

I thought it was a great play and I still hope he becomes what we want him to become. Any great okay can help build a players confidence which could in turn give him a little more swag which in turn could help him turn the corner to develop into what we hope their potential to be. I would love to see more from him like that.

Good plays are contagious. And the inverse is also true. Good teams make fewer mistakes, and in a game that is usually close, that can mean the difference between winning, and losing.

CJ is playing far better than last year. But every little mistake gets taken out of context and over-blown. It's just what fans do.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

There are still a few good posters, but there is a whole lot of Meh going on.  Bad football equals bad forum I guess.

Yeah I started a thread curious about QB rankings in the next draft, and was curious how people compared Corral’s tape to the upcoming class. 

It basically devolved into not discussing prospects at all, and “Corral is Jimmy Pickles” posts. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Yeah I started a thread curious about QB rankings in the next draft, and was curious how people compared Corral’s tape to the upcoming class. 

It basically devolved into not discussing prospects at all, and “Corral is Jimmy Pickles” posts. 

It happens all the time. Heck, even make a hopeful comment during a thread, and you get all Hell thrown at you. 

CJ is having a pretty good year imo. A few bad plays here and there. But name me 1 DB that is perfect, and I'll salute you. Hell, Horn is having a really good year, and folks are ragging on him. 

Bad football seems to equal bad forum.

• Beer 1

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

He's had Urban Meyer and Matt Rhule guiding his development as grand master football. I think it might take him a bit longer. 

I would say that is not a good sign for his development. lol 

IMO, he has played well lately. Not perfect, but I don't expect perfect. I would say depending on how things go here. He may just be on the team again next year. I know,  Oh The Horror. lol

7 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He's had Urban Meyer and Matt Rhule guiding his development as grand master football. I think it might take him a bit longer. 

Well, when you put it that way, you may be onto something.  We still need to see a whole hell of a lot more from him to pickup that option.

1 hour ago, Fright said:

Yea... re-watching that play, he definitely could've cut it back and possibly scored, but no one could've guessed our kicker had lava in his veins. 

I told my wife that when it happened. You can't take for granted that our offense will not turn it over or our kicker miss the kick. Try to score!  

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, 33inNC said:

Well, when you put it that way, you may be onto something.  We still need to see a whole hell of a lot more from him to pickup that option.

We don’t have to pick up his 5th year to keep him around. If he doesn’t show he’s worth that kind of money, extend him with a more appropriate contract which is what I’m hoping. He’s not as bad as portrayed here. If he cleans up his technique on playing the ball when his back is to it, he’ll be an above average corner in the league. He’s right there most of the time. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Good plays are contagious. And the inverse is also true. Good teams make fewer mistakes, and in a game that is usually close, that can mean the difference between winning, and losing.

CJ is playing far better than last year. But every little mistake gets taken out of context and over-blown. It's just what fans do.

Quality of play leads to accountability IMO and that definitely snowballs either direction.

• Beer 1

Defensive spotlight: On first review, Panthers cornerback C.J. Henderson earned the best defensive grade of anyone on either team.  He snagged an interception in overtime that should have led to an easy field goal and a win after a great return by Henderson.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-8-game-recap-atlanta-falcons-37-carolina-panthers-34

And IIRC, the Rams game where Donte Jackson got a pick-six, he still had one of the lowest PFF grades in the game, like in the 40-50 range.  So PFF clearly thought highly of CJ's performance beyond just the interception.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-8-game-recap-atlanta-falcons-37-carolina-panthers-34

And IIRC, the Rams game where Donte Jackson got a pick-six, he still had one of the lowest PFF grades in the game, like in the 40-50 range.  So PFF clearly thought highly of CJ's performance beyond just the interception.

That’s my opinion too so PFF is correct. 

• Beer 3