• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, no love to Henderson

top dawg

2 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-8-game-recap-atlanta-falcons-37-carolina-panthers-34

And IIRC, the Rams game where Donte Jackson got a pick-six, he still had one of the lowest PFF grades in the game, like in the 40-50 range.  So PFF clearly thought highly of CJ's performance beyond just the interception.

After your post, this thread will now turn into crickets or a pff bash-athon. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

After your post, this thread will now turn into crickets or a pff bash-athon. 

Yeah I mean I don’t necessarily have a strong opinion one way or the other cause I don’t pretend to have the ability or means to have evaluated a DB’s performance throughout an entire game (considering most of his match-ups were not even on screen lol) but I’m just sharing what PFF thinks as a data point.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah I mean I don’t necessarily have a strong opinion one way or the other cause I don’t pretend to have the ability or means to have evaluated a DB’s performance throughout an entire game (considering most of his match-ups were not even on screen lol) but I’m just sharing what PFF thinks as a data point.

That's one of the things that always got me. Folks calling out someone for a bad game, when they can't see half the stuff going on. But hey, fans have been fanning for a long time. 

59 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

What’s the full story here?

Henderson made some fantastic plays yesterday (especially that pick). He also jogged on the Byrd TD. He clearly assumed his teammates were making that tackle and he let up. His coaches will absolutely bring that up. 

The thing is, had Donte stayed in the game I doubt Byrd scores, makes that reception or is even targeted. And I've been pretty critical of Jackson this season. BUT as soon as he went down, Byrd got called. Which was directly in CJ's zone. Bad angles all around. 

Henderson made a couple great plays on the ball. That jogging stood out as I noticed it right before a half dozen text messages hit my inbox about it. 

He does have the talent and the physical tools. In college he had the confidence and instincts as well ...the two things that haven't quite translated to the NFL. The potential is there but will be reach it? ...My prediction: as he gets more reps he'll improve. Last season he was behind Donte, Gilmore and Bouye in his sophomore "slump" season after having minimal development in Jax. He's still about halfway into his 3rd season..it took Brown 8 less games to become a consistent factor so I'd say like to think it's possible. 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

As I stated earlier, better technique when the ball is arriving will boost his value. Let’s see if he gets there.  

His time is running out.  It’s taken 3ish years for him to get to where he is now.   Like I said there is no way his 5th year gets optioned so his future with this team looks to be running it’s course next year.   

it was an odd gamble by fitt and co that doesn’t seem to be working out.  

2 hours ago, CRA said:

his ratio of good to bad IMO is still too heavily skewed to the bad. 

It was a nice pick.  Lot of bad players make a great play here or there.  

exactly. the huddle has a hard time understanding not only ratio but context, ie. ‘garbage time yards’ when the defense is playing soft or prevent and certain WRs start to rack up yards because of time or a big lead.

Edited by onmyown

That was CJ's best game by far. Yeah he was largely responsible for the Byrd TD but that was his one big stain on an otherwise really solid performance. The thing that makes it all the better is that this is the 1st time he's been under decent coaching in about 2.5 years. So there's legit chance for serious growth. Plus there was a big mental element supposedly to his lackluster play. No better way to get right mentally than to build confidence with some big plays.

I was looking at the game on replay and when that Byrd play happened I ran it back a couple of times to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. 

Lack of effort. I know the perspective of TV can be misleading but inside the 25 yl to the 18, every time I look at it I see lack of effort. Waiting on the other guy to make the play. 
If in fact that is what it was, who is a fan of that and why is criticizing it a sin?