• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Besides Young and Stroud, no other QB has me sold they would be a clear upgrade over PJ.

UpstatePantherfan

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

We disagree which is fine.  Any ideas on why Hooker never did anything before this year?  I’ll be waiting 

Really? Just look what he did last year? 50 yards short of 3000, 31 TDs to only 3 INTs, and 68% completion against a tough schedule isn’t anything? Oh and that was his first year in a new offense taking over the season after starting at the backup in the first game. He is a very smart player who has opened up Tennessee’s offense.

I’m an Auburn fan, but I live in Knoxville and have watched most of his games. I never got Teddy vibes from him. Maybe the opposite honestly. The two negatives for me are the offense UT runs and his age. I’m not sure how he would do in a pro style offense. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Really? Just look what he did last year? 50 yards short of 3000, 31 TDs to only 3 INTs, and 68% completion against a tough schedule isn’t anything? Oh and that was his first year in a new offense taking over the season after starting at the backup in the first game. He is a very smart player who has opened up Tennessee’s offense.

I’m an Auburn fan, but I live in Knoxville and have watched most of his games. I never got Teddy vibes from him. Maybe the opposite honestly. The two negatives for me are the offense UT runs and his age. I’m not sure how he would do in a pro style offense. 

He is a Teddy Bridgewater clone

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm saying that using a metric poo ton of our 1st round picks and cap space on off the ball LBers and RBs has been a mistake.

That's fair, I just don't think not winning with Luke holds a lot of water.  We had a hall of fame DE in Peppers and a MVP QB in Cam and we didn't win a championship or get back to back winning seasons with either of them.  And I don't think they were the problem.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I get that Fields hasn't exactly set the league ablaze but comparing him to Haskins? I mean, Haskins was basically Jamarcus Russell 2.0.

Meanwhile, Trevor Lawrence hasn't been any better than Fields. Nor has Zach Wilson. Trey Lance has been the worst of the bunch.

I compared him because of Ohio State and the system they run. 1 read QBs. I believe a stat came out recently that over 70% of the throws from Stroud are first reads. 

I would actually argue that Lawrence is well ahead of Fields. 

53 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Because they both play QB? Then sure but so is Bryce Young and CJ Stroud. Let’s throw Cam in there too for fun.

Ok, so you want to spend a first round pick on Hooker. Do I have you on record for this?

BTW…I live in North Carolina (where Hooker was born) which means nothing and I think Hooker is old as hell and extremely mediocre as a pro prospect 

Edited by Shocker

Draft until you get a guy.  If you somehow wind up with more than one, it's fine, you can ALWAYS trade a good QB to another team.  Corral may be the guy . . . but it doesn't matter.  Draft another.

Especially with the impending retirements of some top QB's, if we somehow wind up holding the cards on two starters we will EASILY recoup our pick or MORE.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

PJ Walker? You really talking about rolling with PJ Walker long term? Finally attempted more than 20 passes in a game and it tanked his completion percentage to 50% PJ Walker? Career 5/9 TD/INT PJ Walker? THAT PJ Walker? Somebody pinch me.

Agreed. The recency bias on here is insane. The dude got us to OT against a bad Falcons team. Many on here crowning him the next coming.  Truly can’t make it up

not mad at this class. at all. Every year a class of qbs comes out and the year before everyone is screaming thie class sucke wait til next year. then that class comes and its the same thing. Nothing wrong with these guys. I think there is someone for everyone. you got the pocket  passer in Stroud. you got big arm talent in Levis. you got the lamar jackson eqsue runner with richardson. 

Not to mention thrown the hisman winner who has a bit russell wilson to him and im sure there is something we can find for everyone to like.

8 hours ago, Shocker said:

Ok, so you want to spend a first round pick on Hooker. Do I have you on record for this?

BTW…I live in North Carolina (where Hooker was born) which means nothing and I think Hooker is old as hell and extremely mediocre as a pro prospect 

I’m just saying I don’t see the Teddy comparison. Don’t try to speak for me about when I want to draft him. I’ve been constantly saying we should NOT draft him with out first pick. Maybe 2nd or that 2nd we get from the Niners. That offensive system is still a big question mark (like McCall and Corral). It’s too big of risk for a first, much less a top 10. 
Right now top 10 QBs for me are Stroud and probably Young. Richardson and Levis can still be first rounders they just need to improve and show what they can do at the combine. I would like to see more on this Max Duggan from TCU and Penix from Washington also.

• Pie 1