• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Besides Young and Stroud, no other QB has me sold they would be a clear upgrade over PJ.

UpstatePantherfan

21 hours ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

Will Levis is looking more like Taysom Hill 2.0 and his stock is falling fast. Hendon Hooker I really do like but some on here has sold me on the idea that his his age and the type of offense he is running could be big negatives.

Obviously if we land pick 1 or 2 you take Stroud/Young and don’t look back. But what I have seen of PJ and what he would look like getting an entire off season next year to prepare as QB1 has me thinking we just draft Quinten Johnston in the 1st if we fall to the top 10 (6’4 WR that runs a 4.40 and looks Megatronesque) he is projected as the top WR in the draft by far. 

pair him with DJ Moore with this O line and PJ with a full year under his belt, and you have a beast of an offense.

What have you watched in three games that walker has shown you hes an nfl starter? I bet back in july you were abiut cutting him and got mad when they didn't.

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

With Hooker it’s not his age that scares me, it’s that he’s a one read and run QB from what I’ve seen. I’ll do more research as we get closer to the draft and there’s more video out there of all the QBs, but what I’ve seen from the games played so far I want no part of Hooker or Levis. 

This couldn't be further from the truth. I've watched Hooker the entire time he's been at UT and he's anything but a one read and go QB. He does a great job of surveying the field and taking off when there is nobody open.

I'd take him over Young at this point.

5 hours ago, TNPanther said:

This couldn't be further from the truth. I've watched Hooker the entire time he's been at UT and he's anything but a one read and go QB. He does a great job of surveying the field and taking off when there is nobody open.

I'd take him over Young at this point.

Young/Stroud would put up crazy numbers in UTs offense in three more years as well, I’d believe. 

Edited by Varking

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

What have you watched in three games that walker has shown you hes an nfl starter? I bet back in july you were abiut cutting him and got mad when they didn't.

Walker is a great story, but a general rule is that around 5ish games of tape make or break these backups who flash. (Teddy, Kyle Allen, Sam)

I’m rooting for him obviously, but can he succeed when teams have a better feel for his tendencies?

I was in the cut PJ camp. Thought it was the best move at the time because why have 4 QB’s taking reps?

Happily enjoying watching him take advantage of his opportunity now though. 

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Interesting opinion on this Athletic pod I just started is that Levis couldn't do what Hooker is doing with UT if they switched the QB's. 

Agree. I’ve watch all of Levis games.  Honesty, I just don’t see it. He reminds me of Blaine Gabbert 

I just hope the team stays put as rewatching the Falcons game, that defense looked like Swiss cheese more than once.

Franchise needs those draft picks which thanks to the 49ers looking like  a conference round team at least, the picks for CMC is going to be lower in the rds 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 11/1/2022 at 1:19 PM, *FreeFua* said:

The difference for me is that Walker has been making some big time throws

He’s capable of throwing those deep ins on a rope (the 4th down ball to Moore), those are special throws

PJ has such a live arm and can make all the throws. I’m actually looking forward to seeing PJ play these last 9 games. At the very least he’s fun to watch, something we haven’t had in a LONG ass time

He was hitting guys in stride. On a number of throws. They didn’t have to wait, reach back, sky for it, that was getting my attention. 

On 11/2/2022 at 5:01 PM, raleigh-panther said:

Agree. I’ve watch all of Levis games.  Honesty, I just don’t see it. He reminds me of Blaine Gabbert 

I just hope the team stays put as rewatching the Falcons game, that defense looked like Swiss cheese more than once.

Franchise needs those draft picks which thanks to the 49ers looking like  a conference round team at least, the picks for CMC is going to be lower in the rds 

We could definitely use some help against the run.  Maybe rotational defensive line players and some upgrades at linebacker.  Perhaps one of those linebacker upgrades could be Jeremy Chinn.

• Pie 1