• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ickey (Again)

Jay Roosevelt

Just now, Toomers said:

Still don’t get why they took Thibedoux at 5 instead of Ickey. Could have had both. Was very little to no chance CAR would take him. 

Agreed.  I thought the exact same thing.  I figured we would be stuck with Neal.  The Giants new GM is an ex-Panthers guy.  I'm not sure if there was a phone call made where some deceptive talk about drafting Thibedoux occurred that spooked them.  Likely they just needed the pass rusher more than OT and didn't want to take any chances of missing out on him while they were already on the clock, as minimal of a risk as it was at any rate had they waited two picks later.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Agreed.  I thought the exact same thing.  I figured we would be stuck with Neal.  The Giants new GM is an ex-Panthers guy.  I'm not sure if there was a phone call made where some deceptive talk about drafting Thibedoux occurred that spooked them.  Likely they just needed the pass rusher more than OT and didn't want to take any chances of missing out on him while they were already on the clock, as minimal of a risk as it was at any rate had they waited two picks later.

It was reported there was a conversation between Joe Schoen and Dan Morgan before the picks were made.

Make of that what you will...

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Per Joe Person, he only "signed off" on acquiring Darnold (Mayfield too).

Fitterer believes in drafting quarterbacks.

So it wasn't his idea, but he approved.  How is that any better? 😂

I'd feel a lot better about him if he didn't approve and was just over rhuled.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Beer 2

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

So it wasn't his idea, but he approved.  How is that any better? 😂

I'd feel a lot better about him if he didn't approve and was just over rhuled.

Traded for Sam like a bafoon and was going hard for Watson. Has yes man written all over him. He has to prove a hell of a lot more positives before I can belive in him in any kind of positive way.

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Go back and read Person's story from The Athletic.

Nah, they would rather argue their nonsensical point, ham it up, than to look at the obvious revelations made in the in depth article that would completely shut their mouths. Some people just choose ignorance. That is like someone on the Facebook page after a 2015 video said that Cam was good until he got into drinking and cocaine. 🤪 

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Traded for Sam like a bafoon and was going hard for Watson. Has yes man written all over him. He has to prove a hell of a lot more positives before I can belive in him in any kind of positive way.

I feel like the Watson stupidity was all Tepper.  I could be wrong, but it would definitely have to be signed off on by him.  They went all in on him and failed (luckily).  

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Did they? I'm super impressed how fast his pass pro developed for sure. I think he didn't get enough reps at it in college so it was more of an unknown than a con. 

I dunno how many times the b-word was thrown out, but there were definitely a lot of people drooling over Charles Cross in Week 1 and suggesting we took the wrong tackle.  I am pretty sure you were among them lol.

3 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Nah, they would rather argue their nonsensical point, ham it up, than to look at the obvious revelations made in the in depth article that would completely shut their mouths. Some people just choose ignorance. That is like someone on the Facebook page after a 2015 video said that Cam was good until he got into drinking and cocaine. 🤪 

Obvious revelation?  You mean where it implies that Rhule wasn't 100% at fault, because the other people in the room approved the moves?

And though Rhule directed the annual QB chase, he had others signing off on the pursuit — from former offensive coordinator Joe Brady (who lobbied for Bridgewater) to general manager Scott Fitterer (who signed off on the trades for Darnold and Mayfield) to owner David Tepper, who stroked the checks.

Who's making nonsensical points again?

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Per Joe Person, he only "signed off" on acquiring Darnold (Mayfield too).

Fitterer believes in drafting quarterbacks.

It is convenient that only the bad decisions were Rhules. Reminds me of when Hurney was still here and every good decision was Rhule and the bad ones were Hurney. Classic huddle fall guy thing going on.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Oh, so you were in the room then? Amazing how you guys can caveat everything decision so that Fitterer does nothing wrong but gets 100% credit when’s move pays off, which unfortunately appears very, very rare.

Are you friends with Scott? The verve with which you defend him is amazing. Did Rhule hurt you so bad?

So, should we blame Fitterer for the 2021 OL fiasco as well? Elflein and Erving weren’t Temple/Baylor. Skipping over Humphrey and Trey Smith for SEC guys and a LS weren’t Temple/Baylor driven. Ian Thomas and Donte weren’t Rhule guys. Neither was Sam or Teddy or Corral or Baker. Wow, Fitterer fuged up way more than you’ve let on since Rhule only had final say and didn’t scout any of those guys.

Or maybe I can just read Joe Person and Charles Robinson's reports or for that matter Matt Rhule's own words.

I realize you don't think those things carry as much weight as your opinion but I feel kinda differently.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Oh, so you were in the room then? Amazing how you guys can caveat everything decision so that Fitterer does nothing wrong but gets 100% credit when’s move pays off, which unfortunately appears very, very rare.

Are you friends with Scott? The verve with which you defend him is amazing. Did Rhule hurt you so bad?

So, should we blame Fitterer for the 2021 OL fiasco as well? Elflein and Erving weren’t Temple/Baylor. Skipping over Humphrey and Trey Smith for SEC guys and a LS weren’t Temple/Baylor driven. Ian Thomas and Donte weren’t Rhule guys. Neither was Sam or Teddy or Corral or Baker. Wow, Fitterer fuged up way more than you’ve let on since Rhule only had final say and didn’t scout any of those guys.

It’s the Huddle Two-Step that happens every time someone gets fired/leaves. It was all Gettlemans fault. It was all Riveras fault. It was all Hurneys fault(again). It’s all Rhule’s fault. Fitterer was only in charge of everything good that has happened since he was hired to bob his head. When he goes…rinse and repeat. 

• Pie 1