• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More coaches fired

hepcat

7 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

And to think all of you UNC guys were wondering if Mack should've been fired too. 

Wilks is the guy. Wilkes County is in NC. Wilks went to college in the county next to Wilkes County (Watauga). Tae Hayes went to the same college. Wilks loves Charlotte. Wilks will be the next head coach.

Too many twine connecting to the same push pin, right on Wilks right ear. 

Can confirm. I am from Wilkes county and also went to the same college as Steve Wilks and live in the Charlotte area

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is interesting.  Why would it matter to him at this point what coaches are retained?  Unless he was asked to evaluate the entire staff by Tepper or Fitterer? I mean they are all dead men walking and Wilks understands that, right?

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This is interesting.  Why would it matter to him at this point what coaches are retained?  Unless he was asked to evaluate the entire staff by Tepper or Fitterer? I mean they are all dead men walking and Wilks understands that, right?

They have to keep up this charade that Wilks is actually being considered for the job. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They have to keep up this charade that Wilks is actually being considered for the job. 

It may indeed be a charade. This isn't really necessary from my perspective to continue that. 

But I suppose since they gave the last coach full control it makes sense Wilks gets free reign to does as he sees fit with the staff. If he starts firing staff after each loss he may find himself the only coach left on staff by the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It may indeed be a charade. This isn't really necessary from my perspective to continue that. 

But I suppose since they gave the last coach full control it makes sense Wilks gets free reign to does as he sees fit with the staff. If he starts firing staff after each loss he may find himself the only coach left on staff by the end of the season. 

A coach generally has full control of his direct staff.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A coach generally has full control of his direct staff.

A full time coach sure. Wilks is an interm coach on a team where everyone and their mothers know that the entire staff is going to be let go after the season.  What's the point?

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

A full time coach sure. Wilks is an interm coach on a team where everyone and their mothers know that the entire staff is going to be let go after the season.  What's the point?

Well, we gotta out-tank a team that just hired an interim HC with roughly the same amount of football coaching experience that I have so rev it up as far as I'm concerned. 😂

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah it was obvious these were bad hires from the get go. What he gets out of letting them go I'm not really sure. I'm glad they're gone though, the less Rhule stench lingering around the better. 

Maybe slightly better coaching for young players who will be core pieces going forward. If Wilks had problems with Snow’s scheme, I would bet he had problems with some of the staff and how they teach technique. He might have been giving these guys a chance to coach technique how he wants and saw that they werent

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

Maybe slightly better coaching for young players who will be core pieces going forward. If Wilks had problems with Snow’s scheme, I would bet he had problems with some of the staff and how they teach technique. He might have been giving these guys a chance to coach technique how he wants and saw that they werent

I remember seeing some camp fluff from 20 or 21 and Evan Cooper seemed like a complete moron talking to the CB's on the field. Basically Rhule style cheerleader stuff with zero substance on technique. The D-line coach should be at Ihop getting the early bird special and going to bed by 7pm like a normal senior citizen