• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Corral Reminder

top dawg

3 hours ago, Icege said:

Which circles us back to the issue of their not being a Cam in this draft class, but there certainly looks to be Gabberts and Lockers.

Cam was a bit of a question mark in his class.  Everyone wanted Luck and got let down when he went back to Stanford his final year.  There was a real debate for Cam vs Gabbert vs Lock (who was projected as the top pick his prior year until returning and dropping slightly).  Cam averaged slightly over 200 passing yards a game to some pretty open targets due to the fact he could run over them at any time.  I remember scouts being unsure if he could develop as an NFL passer.  

Of course Fitts doesn't want to be wrong about Matt Corral. The Panthers likely know everything there is to know about the guy, scouted, investigated, the whole nine.

Fitterer doesn't want to look Fhulish for trading up and never putting that guy on the field.

He's playing, bottom line, it's a battle the young man would love to have today if he could. 

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm going to wait for the new coaching staff and possibly new GM to be hired before I weigh in on Corrals fate. 

My prediction for the draft will be determined on those transactions as well.

Yeah Fitt is the big one. If he goes there isn’t a commitment to any player on the roster. Changed my view on many players; not just Corral. 

I think Corral has talent, but if Fitt goes, Corral probably gets traded unless we literally hire a Lane Kiffin or something. 

With the Wilks move I expect Tepper to push for Byron Leftwich as HC. Leftwich would keep Wilks on as DC and bring Clyde Christensen with him as OC. Smart move would be to keep a HC/GM connection which would point to Rob McCartney becoming the new GM of the Carolina Panthers. Rob McCartney comes from the Bucs and has ties to Leftwich, Tepper, and the Steelers. He has grown up around the Steelers since the age of 5 and has impacted the Bucs roster that led to the Bucs winning the SB.

Christensen, Leftwich, and McCartney have shown an interest in Aqeel Glass, but lost out to GM Licht keeping his guy Trask in the 3rd QB spot behind Brady and Gabbert. You would have a HC/GM/OC/QB linked from the start. Doug Williams would be an interesting link too that could follow Leftwich as an advisor, and Williams has been big on Glass' NFL potential. All would have an inside look at the Bucs. I would expect Corral to still be in the mix as a Tepper pick with personal ties to Tepper too. I could also see Peyton Ramsey make a return if the Leftwich crew is the way Tepper goes.

8 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

With the Wilks move I expect Tepper to push for Byron Leftwich as HC. Leftwich would keep Wilks on as DC and bring Clyde Christensen with him as OC. Smart move would be to keep a HC/GM connection which would point to Rob McCartney becoming the new GM of the Carolina Panthers. Rob McCartney comes from the Bucs and has ties to Leftwich, Tepper, and the Steelers. He has grown up around the Steelers since the age of 5 and has impacted the Bucs roster that led to the Bucs winning the SB.

Christensen, Leftwich, and McCartney have shown an interest in Aqeel Glass, but lost out to GM Licht keeping his guy Trask in the 3rd QB spot behind Brady and Gabbert. You would have a HC/GM/OC/QB linked from the start. Doug Williams would be an interesting link too that could follow Leftwich as an advisor, and Williams has been big on Glass' NFL potential. All would have an inside look at the Bucs. I would expect Corral to still be in the mix as a Tepper pick with personal ties to Tepper too. I could also see Peyton Ramsey make a return if the Leftwich crew is the way Tepper goes.

lol

9 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

The Bucs offense has been poo without Arians. No thanks on Leftwich.