• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It’s simple, if Fitt is GM and he’s available, Bryce Young will be the guy.

UpstatePantherfan

If there is one GM in the entire league who wouldn’t buy into the whole “shorter QBs are risky and can’t be NFL QBs” Narrative, it’s Fitt, who was with Seattle during the Russell Wilson glory days and likely had a hand in drafting him. 

Knowing that Fitt is building this team like that Seahawks team was built.. (invest heavily in the secondary with a stout run game and multi dimensional QB)

Then he will have no hesitation at all to pull the trigger on Young who shares extremely similar skill set, play styles and size to Russell Wilson. 

We have the O line to protect Young to greatly lower his risk of injury and you have to imagine Fitt is itching to draft his next Russell Wilson. 

• Pie 6
  • Poo 3

3 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

If there is one GM in the entire league who wouldn’t buy into the whole “shorter QBs are risky and can’t be NFL QBs” Narrative, it’s Fitt, who was with Seattle during the Russell Wilson glory days and likely had a hand in drafting him. 

Knowing that Fitt is building this team like that Seahawks team was built.. (invest heavily in the secondary with a stout run game and multi dimensional QB)

Then he will have no hesitation at all to pull the trigger on Young who shares extremely similar skill set, play styles and size to Russell Wilson. 

We have the O line to protect Young to greatly lower his risk of injury and you have to imagine Fitt is itching to draft his next Russell Wilson. 

Then how does fitt explain trading up for Corral?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It's possible.

I've said before though that I'm always a little nervous at the idea of taking "the next" whoever.

I agree, I was thinking about it today and I think everyone is overthinking this, I wouldn’t necessarily say I’m a Bryce Young fan, (I don’t dislike him either) but sometimes the best answer is the simplest one, all last year we heard how Bryce Young was going to be hands down QB1 this draft class and nothing has really changed since then. 

it always seems like every year there is a consensus no 1 pick at QB, then suddenly some wild card, dark house QB appears out of nowhere to challenge that. Best example was RGIII When Luck was the consensus no 1 and how some were saying at the time RG3 should be in the discussion at no 1.

TLDR, stop overthinking and just take the consensus no 1 guy this whole time and keep it simple 

• Pie 1

Just now, UpstatePantherfan said:

I agree, I was thinking about it today and I think everyone is overthinking this, I wouldn’t necessarily say I’m a Bryce Young fan, (I don’t dislike him either) but sometimes the best answer is the simplest one, all last year we heard how Bryce Young was going to be hands down QB1 this draft class and nothing has really changed since then. 

it always seems like every year there is a consensus no 1 pick at QB, then suddenly some wild card, dark house QB appears out of nowhere to challenge that. Best example was RGIII When Luck was the consensus no 1 and how some were saying at the time RG3 should be in the discussion at no 1.

TLDR, stop overthinking and just take the consensus no 1 guy this whole time and keep it simple 

once young measures at the combine I think you will see teams distancing themselves from him.  He is easily going to be one of the smallest qbs recorded there. 

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

once young measures at the combine I think you will see teams distancing themselves from him.  He is easily going to be one of the smallest qbs recorded there. 

Possible, but look at all the hoopla Kenny Picket’s hand size stirred up after the combine and while he isn’t playing amazing, he hasn’t had any fumbling issues that many thought he would have 

Edited by UpstatePantherfan

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

having small hands isnt even in the same universe as being a 5'10 180lb qb

Young is currently rated as the # 2 college QB in the 2023 draft but I could easy see slip back after the NFL Combine . I could change my mind but presently I am not a big Young fan.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

• Beer 3