• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson

DaveThePanther2008

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

No not even close.

The numbers are the numbers. 

There's a reason they

A. Don't like the deal and are willing to let go.

B. Haven't opened up the offense more.

The common denominator says it's Lamar.

Even good QBs in run dominant systems get over 3k yards a year.

His career passer rating is 97.3. Just stop trying to suggest that he can't pass. It's not true.

• Pie 3

No not even close.

The numbers are the numbers. 

There's a reason they

A. Don't like the deal and are willing to let go.

B. Haven't opened up the offense more.

The common denominator says it's Lamar.

Even good QBs in run dominant systems get over 3k yards a year.

So you think Kirk Cousins is an ideal and better qB than LJ. Because of a volume stat. Then disregard a major part of his game. 

Since he was drafted, the Ravens are 43-15 in games he starts. 6-10 in those he didn’t. Your passing theory doesn’t makkke sense.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

I am very curious what Lamar would look like with an offensive roster that is stacked with talent. Ravens have never really invested much on the offensive side of the ball. Every year Ravens fans are screaming get a receiver and then they go get tight ends and backers.  Then again, Greg Roman's offense is always about the backs and tight ends. 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So you think Kirk Cousins is an ideal and better qB than LJ. Because of a volume stat. Then disregard a major part of his game. 

Since he was drafted, the Ravens are 43-15 in games he starts. 6-10 in those he didn’t. Your passing theory doesn’t makkke sense.

Why did people want to get rid of Cmac? Because they said he was too old. When was the last time we saw a QB who has half his game as running doing great well into his 30s? His running ability will diminish the older he gets.

If he was Deshaun Watson minus the rapist personality I'd be all over it.

Has his numbers gone up? Has he shown any improvement? No he hasn't. 

I'm going to look more into his numbers.

17 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Sorry his running numbers don't matter.

They are a diminishing return the older he gets.

They also don't do a lot in the playoffs especially the Superbowl. 

You need a QB that can dominate through the air. That needs to be his main function.

That's like saying arm strength doesn't matter because it's a diminishing return the older someone gets.  Lamar is only 25 years old.  Hell there are QBs in this draft that are his age.  Your hate on QBs that can run has made you one of the worst evaluators of the position I've seen in a while....

• Pie 4

In the last two minutes of the half his completion percentage drops to 55.

His QB rating drops to 62.

Sixty phucking 2.

Those aren't awe inspiring numbers.

If you need to drive the field 85yds in under 2 minutes that could be a problem. 

You want a guy where the other team says hey idiots you left them 45 seconds you scored to fast. I don't think Lamar is that guy. Mahomes is Brady is Rogers is Manning was Allen is Burrow might be.

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That's like saying arm strength doesn't matter because it's a diminishing return the older someone gets.  Lamar is only 25 years old.  Hell there are QBs in this draft that are his age.  Your hate on QBs that can run has made you one of the worst evaluators of the position I've seen in a while....

You're overvaluing running from the QB position would destroy 99 percent of franchises in the NFL.

Show me a QB that depended on his legs as much as Lamar that has won a Superbowl. 

No; I like his game but it won't last and knowing this franchise's luck, he will give us like 2 years of playoff losses before we collapse and suck again but this time with no young talent because we paid so much for him in assets and cap space.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You're overvaluing running from the QB position would destroy 99 percent of franchises in the NFL.

Show me a QB that depended on his legs as much as Lamar that has won a Superbowl. 

So you want a Foles, Flacco, 38 year old Manning?  Those are Super Bowl winning QBs if that is your ONLY factor.  Foles over Cam, Lamar, Allen shows how dumb that statement that is.  QBs that use their legs as much as Lamar are rare because few people can run and throw like that.  It's a odds game.  If one QB can do that at this level and the other 31 can't then yeah statistically speaking one of the 31 will win over the 1.  

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So you want a Foles, Flacco, 38 year old Manning?  Those are Super Bowl winning QBs if that is your ONLY factor.  Foles over Cam, Lamar, Allen shows how dumb of that statement that is.  QBs that use their legs as much as Lamar are rare because few people can run and throw like that.  It's a odds game.  If one QB can do this at this level and the other 31 can't then yeah statistically speaking one of the 31 will win over the 1.  

I don't think Cam Newton was good enough. I don't want another Cam.Newton

He wasn't a good enough passer. He was hot and cold.

I told you what I want. A QB that's surgical through the air but can scramble when needed.

But yes if I had to chose between Lamar and prime Manning Breese Moon Big Ben I'm taking a statue that can deliver the ball on time exactly where it needs to go.

I haven't seen that from his game ever.

I hate to tell you this but it seems the Ravens were better under Flacco.

• Poo 3

20 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Why did people want to get rid of Cmac? Because they said he was too old. When was the last time we saw a QB who has half his game as running doing great well into his 30s? His running ability will diminish the older he gets.

If he was Deshaun Watson minus the rapist personality I'd be all over it.

Has his numbers gone up? Has he shown any improvement? No he hasn't. 

I'm going to look more into his numbers.

Because he was an overpaid asset at the least valuable position on the field. And he had missed 2/3rds of two different seasons. Since Lamar is 25, a five year deal would be about done at age 31. Why would that matter? Cams major damage came from the pocket and chasing down an interception. 

I’ve watched him very closely since day one. I don’t need stats beyond what he means to a team overall. He’s had one season he missed 5 games and Ravens we’re done after that. Hard to improve on league MVP stats in your first year starting. But where are the Ravens now. First place in their division as usual. 

I don't think Cam Newton was good enough. I don't want another Cam.Newton

He wasn't a good enough passer. He was hot and cold.

I told you what I want. A QB that's surgical through the air but can scramble when needed.

But yes if I had to chose between Lamar and prime Manning Breese Moon Big Ben I'm taking a statue that can deliver the ball on time exactly where it needs to go.

I haven't seen that from his game ever.

I hate to tell you this but it seems the Ravens were better under Flacco.

Games started

Flacco 4-5

LJ- 6-1 

Keep digging. 

• Pie 3