• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lions win

jb2288

30 minutes ago, falconlynx said:

Wasting y’all’s time tankers.

We’re going to be picking at the end of the first round when we win this sorry division and come into the playoffs hot. Looking forward to seeing what can happen with a strong run game and defense behind a coach fighting for a job. 

Talk about someone wasting their time. Thinking we have a chance to do anything if we make the playoffs. Which we are not. Please go away. You are annoying.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No, it doesn't. But I'd rather be as high on the board as possible. 

If we don't draft high we are probably gonna have to bundle some draft picks to move up. I feel like the Panthers are done with reclamation QBs and will do anything to move up. Even if we have to trade multiple firsts. Hopefully we don't have to do that. But who knows.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No, it doesn't. But I'd rather be as high on the board as possible. 

No problem with that. Where I roll my eyes is at the kind of folks who'd cry about having a guy like Justin Herbert just because he isn't Aaron Rodgers.

You need someone on that level. Whether he's the best, second best or fifth best doesn't mean dick to me.

• Pie 3

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No problem with that. Where I roll my eyes is at the kind of folks who'd cry about having a guy like Justin Herbert just because he isn't Aaron Rodgers.

You need someone on that level. Whether he's the best, second best or fifth best doesn't mean dick to me.

Oh, agreed. You need a top 10 QB. All of those guys are basically MVP caliber given the right supporting cast and circumstances. The Rams just won a SB with a guy like that. 

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

I think we should all stop wasting time trying to predict the jostling of positioning in early November. Take what we can naturally get and let the cards play out in April.

Yeah draft spots 2-15 are completely wide open. So many below average teams. Tanking the last game in 2019 to get Herbert? Yeah I understood the frustration in that situation, but not raining on the parade when we embarrass the Falcons on prime time in November when there are 11 other teams in our same situation

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, agreed. You need a top 10 QB. All of those guys are basically MVP caliber given the right supporting cast and circumstances. The Rams just won a SB with a guy like that. 

And I'd previously have considered Stafford on the lower end of that tier.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

But that history is littered with terrible GMs too. @LinvilleGorge is right. We want the best available pick. Do you want to be the Cardinals and have to go Rosen because Allen is gone or the Panthers and go Brown because Burrow, Tua and Herbert are all gone? How would Panthers history be if we had to go Locker and Gabbert since Cam was gone?

We can easily be the Browns and Jets but it’s best to have our choice of QB even if we screw it up. Based on how many bad teams we play, we are likely looking at tier 2 QBs and that’s a hope and a prayer right now. I think we’ll be closer to pick 10 than pick 3. Having our SOS is good for tiebreaker but I think we’ll win enough to drop and unfortunately keep our coaches.

I like having a higher pick, but higher pick doesn't guarantee better pick.

A smart team can find an Aaron Rodgers in the twenties while a stupid one can get a Tim Couch at #1 overall.

Wherever we pick, get it right.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1