• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Campen hire helped get Bozeman

Mr. Scot

55 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Judging by who started the season at center I'm not sure Rhule should get credit for that gift.

I'm getting the sense there were differences of opinions on quite a few decisions Rhule made.  I guess we will see now that Fitterer has control and Wilks can make roster decisions. 

It would be a reasonable bet that some of the dumber decisions Rhule made on players and positions were motivated by the fact he was coerced into bringing that player on to begin with.  Bozeman, Corral, etc.

The rest of the dumber decisions were just him being Rhule.  And we won't get into the dumb decisions not quite up to the level qualifying them as dumber.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

There was so much stupid in what he did. 

Nah, what he did was to be expected coming from a small time college coach.

The real idiocy comes from Tepper.

And he is clearly doubling down this year as he stated he wants to be heavily involved in the new hirings. 

Looks like he saw something he liked in the decisions he’s been making so far while establishing the worst stretch of franchise history. 

We are paying Moton, Icky and Brady are on rookie contracts, Corbett is back for 2 more years....pay Boze for a few more years and we have a dadgum good Oline locked up for the next few years.  Boze locked up means that is one less position we need to hit high on in the next couple of drafts.

It's an almost perfect situtation unless he gets offered huge money, and he might.

• Pie 5

2 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

We are paying Moton, Icky and Brady are on rookie contracts, Corbett is back for 2 more years....pay Boze for a few more years and we have a dadgum good Oline locked up for the next few years.  Boze locked up means that is one less position we need to hit high on in the next couple of drafts.

It's an almost perfect situtation unless he gets offered huge money, and he might.

agree but Moton was extended last year

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Depending on the next coaching staff/GM offering him a contract (obviously should), they're expecting a kid in February and they seem to be having a great time doing community work in a short time in the area. I don't think they'd head up north or too far west just for a little extra money when dealing with a newborn baby. 

19 hours ago, Louie said:

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind keeping WIlks as HC and he can hire a great offensive mind to run the offense and develop a rookie QB. Campen is a great O line coach. Tabor is one of the best special teams coaches. I don't think we have to tear this down to the studs to be successful, jmho.

I agree, I really think if Wilks can present Tepper with a great OC and maintaining the rest of the big name coaches here he has a great shot

• Pie 1

On 11/18/2022 at 3:49 PM, Louie said:

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind keeping WIlks as HC and he can hire a great offensive mind to run the offense and develop a rookie QB. Campen is a great O line coach. Tabor is one of the best special teams coaches. I don't think we have to tear this down to the studs to be successful, jmho.

And what great offensive mind would Wilks bring in? Scott Turner??? 

On 11/18/2022 at 3:49 PM, Louie said:

There is certainly a new team chemistry here, one that is much, much better. Perhaps we should offer a two year contract to Wilks and let him pick his guys. 

I'd really like to see who he'd bring in with the draft, free agency and see what he can put together through an entire off season and training camp under his leadership. 

There are some really good pieces to the puzzle already in place here. We just had a guy before that had no idea what the picture was, much less how to put it together.

Music Video Love GIF by Ultra Records

• Flames 1