• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Games Week 12

Varking

1 minute ago, Soul Rebel said:

Watching Penix, Jr vs. a horrible Colorado team should be fun. I think his stock will creep ever so closer to late 1st - early 2nd round material. If we go Anderson/Carter R1, I'd like him in R2. 

He could be our new Thomas Davis rebuilt cyborg.

I think he’s snugly into the second round stock. I don’t know what he could do to really get himself into the first round after the last four seasons. 

First chance I've had to see Levis in something more than a clip package of highlights. If he's struggling with injuries as I've heard, then why is he out there playing? Can't just be used as a convenient excuse for poor play and questionable decisions. With that kind of in mind, I don't know how he would be a very high pick. Sure, there is lots of potential, but does he make his teammates better? Does he elevate the team? Those are the real checkmarks for a franchise player.  

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I think he’s snugly into the second round stock. I don’t know what he could do to really get himself into the first round after the last four seasons. 

True. I do think the east coast bias is a real thing and lack of coverage for UW. If they can get a tough matchup against an SEC team in their bowl game and dominate, it could help. Medicals at the combine and pro day will be critical. 

If not for the ACL tears and shoulder injury, he checks every other box. 

3 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

True. I do think the east coast bias is a real thing and lack of coverage for UW. If they can get a tough matchup against an SEC team in their bowl game and dominate, it could help. Medicals at the combine and pro day will be critical. 

The east coast bias is a real thing for media hype. It's not a real thing for NFL draft stock.

3 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I think it’s the injuries he’s had every year and previously he’s gotten some really bad tape. Lots of guys end up going from East Coast to West Coast a la Minshew, Penix, Nix, Jacob Eason and put up some really great numbers, just to name a few. I think scouts are typically very picky when it comes to guys like that. Seems like a trend where guys can’t stick at their current school, go west and light it up. 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

First chance I've had to see Levis in something more than a clip package of highlights. If he's struggling with injuries as I've heard, then why is he out there playing? Can't just be used as a convenient excuse for poor play and questionable decisions. With that kind of in mind, I don't know how he would be a very high pick. Sure, there is lots of potential, but does he make his teammates better? Does he elevate the team? Those are the real checkmarks for a franchise player.  

I dont know, just sometime a player with injuries is still better than #2 option.....or the guy insist on playing..