• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football Rivalry Week

jayboogieman

18 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Yep. It's time to see what he does against equal or at least near equal talent.

People have definitely not been talking about how INSANELY easy the Ohio State's schedule has been this year. 

Not trying to take anything away from Stroud per se but playing the sisters of the poor every week does factor in.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

People have definitely not been talking about how INSANELY easy the Ohio State's schedule has been this year. 

Not trying to take anything away from Stroud per se but playing the sisters of the poor every week does factor in.

Some of us have said OSU has had an easy schedule, but most just see Stroud's highlight plays and drool over them and his measurables.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Yep. It's time to see what he does against equal or at least near equal talent.

You know he played Michigan last year? We already know what he can do against them. They also had Hutchinson and Stroud was sacked 6 times. 34/49 394 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTs. He played decent, Michigan just lit up his defense with 42 points. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You know he played Michigan last year? We already know what he can do against them. They also had Hutchinson and Stroud was sacked 6 times. 34/49 394 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTs. He played decent, Michigan just lit up his defense with 42 points. 

That was then, this is now. People can regress or improve. He hasn't reacted well to rushers the few times that's happened or if his first read isn't open all season, so let's see what happens today.

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He is extremely talented and I have zero issue drafting him, for the record.

As I said in one of the earlier Stroud threads, if he's the pick, I'll hope for the best.

1 hour ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

Hopefully the right SC team shows up today..

I certainly hope so. The Heels desperately need Clemson to lose this game. If they have any hopes of a playoff berth the officiating in the ACC CG will do whatever they need to do to ensure Clemson wins that game. The Chiefs wouldn't beat Clemson in Charlotte next week if Clemson wins today.

11 hours ago, Varking said:

I think NFL wide receivers would have made a bunch of those catches. Even folks who hate the Gators on Reddit had to admit the WRs could not have played any worse. 

I heard five of AR’s main receivers were out for that game 

that probably explains a lot 

I saw enough to know the guy is the real deal 

no worries though, ‘Panthers are gonna Panther’  and Levis, Blaine Gabbert part 2,  will be the pick 

my head will explode 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

Hopefully the right SC team shows up today..

pending DJU doesn’t sabotage things (which he is known to try).  I think odds are high we are throwing up the 8 after today.  DJU IMO is the game.  Bad game, Carolina can win.  And if he has a bad game, it almost has nothing to do with opponents to a degree.  If DJU is playing relatively well for DJ, Clemson should handle things easily IMO. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0739b440fe5efd047b7c976c27c565cd.jpeg

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

pending DJU doesn’t sabotage things (which he is known to try).  I think odds are high we are throwing up the 8 after today.  DJU IMO is the game.  Bad game, Carolina can win.  And if he has a bad game, it almost has nothing to do with opponents to a degree.  If DJU is playing relatively well for DJ, Clemson should handle things easily IMO. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0739b440fe5efd047b7c976c27c565cd.jpeg

It'll come completely down to Satterfield like every other game has this year. 
Our defense is just OK.  Still think we're a couple years away from being quality. Linebacker play has been less than ideal. Encouraged by the secondary given how many freshman have come in at safety. 

I don't think i can stomach watching another game where the offense just runs into a brick wall over and over and throws tunnel screens the rest of the time. Can make mediocre teams look all world. See Florida,Mizzou. 

Obviously Tenn was just a perfect storm. But if the offense shows up today and the defense does what it normally does i think we may have our first competitive game in forever. 

56 minutes ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

It'll come completely down to Satterfield like every other game has this year. 
Our defense is just OK.  Still think we're a couple years away from being quality. Linebacker play has been less than ideal. Encouraged by the secondary given how many freshman have come in at safety. 

I don't think i can stomach watching another game where the offense just runs into a brick wall over and over and throws tunnel screens the rest of the time. Can make mediocre teams look all world. See Florida,Mizzou. 

Obviously Tenn was just a perfect storm. But if the offense shows up today and the defense does what it normally does i think we may have our first competitive game in forever. 

I think it will be more competitive than the last couple.  Clemson just isn’t explosive like in previous years.  But I thought that last year too. 

Will be interesting to see what SC does.   Carolina fans seem to want some Rattler air assault but that also means lots of opportunities for the Clemson DL to have shots to make plays vs an OL that has struggled all year.  

I think for Carolina to win DJ has to play bad and you need Beamer Ball to make some odd plays.  Some ST gambles or big plays there. I think too many are talking about Rattler and the O mimicking some of last week. 

• Pie 1