• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QBs: Bowl Game Watch List

saX man

howdy-ho-mr-hankey.gif

Highlighting notable games from a QB standpoint.  Want to shed a light on some of the lesser known guys.  Richardson isn't playing.  Levis is a toss-up so not including those bowls.  And we are all watching/heavily-monitoring Stroud and Young so no need to state the obvious there. 

LA Bowl

Fresno State vs. Washington State

SoFi Stadium; Inglewood, California (Dec 17, 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC)

This features Cameron Ward versus Jake Haener which I am stoked about.  Two guys I've been following since last season.  I really like both as prospects, Haener needs to beef up a bit but both have great tool sets and are pretty smart players.  You can see Ward tries to emulate a lot of the current top pro-QBs in his game, but he does have some growth needed having been in a very quick, rapid moving, first-look, offense.  That being said, he's had some really nice moments in his career.  Haener is accurate, great with progressions, quick processor, awesome player, but is a tad undersized and if placed in the league right now, his arm strength would probably be ~20th best.  That makes him a bit lower grade draft wise but one to watch.

That being said this is a game to watch you might not have expected to.

Independence Bowl

Houston vs. Louisiana

Independence Stadium; Shreveport, Louisiana (Dec 23, 3 p.m. ET on ESPN)

Clayton Tune's season as of now: 3,845 passing yards, 37 TDs, and 10 INTs, 489 rushing yards, 5 rushing TDs.  Louisiana doesn't sound like much of an opponent but their defense is ranked 33 nationally.  This is more of a single player watch, maybe see how he did and catch the highlights after.

Holiday Bowl

North Carolina vs. Oregon

Petco Park; San Diego (Dec 28, 8 p.m. ET on Fox)

This one will be fun.  Bo Nix (4th-Late Round projection but well known) vs. a top-2024 prospect in Drake Maye.  I'm sure many here will be watching this one intently.

Fiesta Bowl (College Football Playoff semifinal)

No. 2 Michigan vs. No. 3 TCU

State Farm Stadium; Glendale, Arizona (Dec 31, 4 p.m. ET on ESPN)

I'm not a Duggan fan as a projected NFL QB, but I am a Duggan fan.  And he has a real chance to improve his stock.  Could the playoffs be a coming out for JJ McCarthy? Could he emerge as the new guy to pine for alongside Caleb & Drake? Time will tell.  Obvious watchable game being the playoff.  Max Duggan versus JJ McCarthy should be fun.

Citrus Bowl

LSU vs. Purdue

Camping World Stadium; Orlando, Florida (Jan 2, 1 p.m. ET on ABC)

This here is an underrated game in my opinion.  Jayden Daniels vs. Aidan O'Connell.  Two highly overlooked prospects in my opinion that have peaked some interest around the block.  Unsure about O'Connell's status because in awful news, his brother unexpectedly passed away.  I think he's been a tad missed on radars but he has some nice skills (https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/aidan-oconnell-972de82f-3169-407c-be25-bebcb3099355/) Daniels is awesome.  Pure and simple, he needs to bulk up a tad, but I just love his game and he really stepped it up this year.  This is a must watch IMO.  Could be a good one.

Cotton Bowl

USC vs. Tulane

AT&T Stadium; Arlington, Texas (Jan 2, 1 p.m. ET on ESPN)

You're thinking because this features Caleb Williams and Jordan Addison right? Not quite! While both are absolutely stellar prospects, keep your eyes out for the resurrection of Tulane here folks.  If Michael Pratt shows well against a team like USC, watch out.  He could absolutely be a draft riser.  60% + completion, 8.6 per, 33 TDs (25 pass), 5 INTs, and he closed out the year beating 2 ranked teams in a row.  Tulane finished as #16 and looked good doing it.  Another very under the radar guys on the internet, but possibly not with some teams.  This is a must watch.    

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

This will be a good opportunity to watch Cam Ward live. I don't think there was a Washington State game televised on the East Coast unless you have ESPN+ or whatever it's called. Not sure if he's declared or not yet but would be tough to skip over if we go BPA 1st and 2nd rounds and he's sitting there on day 3. He just kinda came out of nowhere and only 20, I could see him returning if he thinks he can get some NIL's and raise his draft stock for next year by putting 2 good years on film back to back

12 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

This will be a good opportunity to watch Cam Ward live. I don't think there was a Washington State game televised on the East Coast unless you have ESPN+ or whatever it's called. Not sure if he's declared or not yet but would be tough to skip over if we go BPA 1st and 2nd rounds and he's sitting there on day 3. He just kinda came out of nowhere and only 20, I could see him returning if he thinks he can get some NIL's and raise his draft stock for next year by putting 2 good years on film back to back

I think the apple cup was on national TV but it was on late.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Last I read Bo Nix was sneaking into the back half of the first round. However, you all know how draft hype works….

I am excited for the bowls but not for any of the QBs in this list that are draft eligible. It’s really going to come down to the core 4: L.Y.R.S. (In that order 🫣)

I think those 4 go in the first with maybe Levis or Richardson dropping to 2nd.

50 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Last I read Bo Nix was sneaking into the back half of the first round. However, you all know how draft hype works….

I am excited for the bowls but not for any of the QBs in this list that are draft eligible. It’s really going to come down to the core 4: L.Y.R.S. (In that order 🫣)

In what world does Bo Nix sneak into the 1st round? Come on

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The note for Nix claims it's banking on him rising during the draft process based off his physical traits, so it seems purely for the fun of it.  After last year's projections in these of Malik going #1 and Carson Strong being a 1st rounder, I'd tend to stay away from the mocks like this one for anything other than entertainment. 

• Pie 1