• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

3 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

This is a really bad take. Watch the TN game if you need more film of him making great decisions and throws under duress 

I don’t need to watch some other game. He has plenty of talent. He also has one of the best O-lines in college. That will not be the case in the NFL. I have watched him all year.

Edited by philit99

5 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I did watch it. I am saying, the announcers are polishing his knob, but KS has no ability to bring pressure. Young is a great QB, but I highly doubt his success will translate to the NFL. It is not his size, it is his decision making ability under duress.

Then you did see him under pressure, make a few bad decisions/mistakes, and make some good ones as well.

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Tagovailoa suffered a dislocated hip with a posterior wall fracture (along with a broken nose and concussion) in the game against Mississippi State. 

Yes I was at that game. But that’s kind of my point. Tua has had tons of concussion issues and even had one coming into the NFL. Could be wrong, but I don’t think Bryce has had any head issues 

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

I don’t need to watch some other game. He has plenty of talent. He also has one of the best O-lines in college. That will not be the case in the NFL. I have watched him all year.

You: BY has all day I wanna see him under pressure 

Me: go watch the Tenn game where he put up 455 with 2 TD and no int while being absolutely destroyed all game by SEC players 

You: that doesn’t count

?????

19 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

For me it’s tricky because yeah, you obviously want to see those things but if he does show those things it’ll cost us a couple 1’s to trade up and get him. 

So I kind of want to see him struggle so it leads to more questions and him falling down boards and falls into our laps. 

But then again, I thought for sure after Fields put on a show against Clemson he’d be long gone by our pick 

But if he struggles again versus elite competition what sets him apart from Sam Darnold? If everything has to go perfect for him in order for him to succeed we already have that in Darnold.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But if he struggles again versus elite competition what sets him apart from Sam Darnold? If everything has to go perfect for him in order for him to succeed we already have that in Darnold.

There's a difference between "everything needs to go perfect for him to put up gaudy numbers" and "everything needs to go perfect for him to complete 14 passes in a game".  I'm a big Darnold supporter in his current role, but Stroud's ceiling is as high or higher than Darnold's was pre-draft, and he comes without any "damage" from past seasons.