• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nebraska fans have fully drank the Rhule Kool-Ade and think the Panthers are the reason he failed.

hepcat

3 hours ago, SpeedOFLight said:

It’s kind of embarrassing that “panther fans” are still taking shots at him on Twitter. I seen some of the comments and it’s cringe worth . Ok we get it, it didn’t work out in Carolina so we moved on and so did he. Wish him good luck in Nebraska . I just moved from nebraska and they are hungry for success

Then expect Sally Struthers to be doing a commercial on TV because in 5 years they're going to be starving. He didn't move on. He kept taking shots at the team and the fan after he was gone. He acted like an asshat, he's getting treated like one in return. 

• Beer 2

Unless we turn the clock back 20+ years and I see Nebraska running the triple option, I’m not convinced they are going to turn it around. It is a hard place to win at despite their tradition. Kids just don’t want to go to Nebraska. They don’t have the pedigree a Oklahoma has to recruit despite their geographic limitations. Just my opinion. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I think that was true with Ron, boiled over long held frustration.

This is just straight dislike. He is terrible on so many levels and that is putting the football aside.

Yea I think you’d be hard pressed to find a single Panthers fan who has ill feelings towards Ron Rivera. He is a quality human being who is just a frustratingly stubborn head coach. 

Matt Rhule on the other hand, yowza. If he just kept his mouth shut I think most Panthers fans would have just moved on. But holy hell on a stick, Matt has some wild cognitive dissonance going on. His media tour highlighted a narcissist toad who genuinely believes his own hype. He hasn’t uttered a shred of accountability or humbleness despite his incredible failure on the Panthers, which means he didn’t learn anything from his experience. He will continue to make the same mistakes he has made at all of his previous jobs and eventually it’ll catch up to him. 

• Pie 1

He's going to find recruiting is more of a challenge at Nebraska than it was at Temple or Baylor. 

Temple was never going to compete with the "big boys" in recruiting.  There were no such expectations, and their expectations of football success were such that trying to compete with bigger programs was not necessary. 

Baylor gets its fair share of recruits.  He had to overcome the baggage from the scandal, but if they weren't competing with Alabama, Oklahoma, or even Texas they had a good shot.  Even then, they are probably talking to a kid who "might be" a starter at one of those schools, and if so, he WILL BE a starter for them, and that means something.  Given the number of recruits in their "home area," he didn't have to sign a huge percentage to wind up with a decent number. 

At Nebraska, outside of the recruits in the state (and Nebraska has always done well recruiting at home), he will be competing with Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, and the southern schools.  Who the kids are in the recruitment pool changes a lot.  Hell, Notre Dame has trouble in that pool these days. 

Add the fact that Nebraska fans and alum are not going to be happy just winning 7 or 8 games a season for long.  Before he started popping off, I was hoping he was going to wind up at Colorado or Arizona State, just for that reason. 

Right now, he is a three-year turnaround and out guy.  He has not proven he can sustain success, which is not easy and a different skill set.  He'd probably have 8-10 years before Colorado or Arizona State started asking why they can't beat top 15 or 20 teams, and even then they may just accept that it is because they are Colorado or Arizona State.

If they are going to start beating Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, UCLA, and USC on a frequent enough basis to keep the fans and alums happy, it is going to take more than convincing them that they are outworking those programs.  It will take game planning and on-field coaching.  A lot of that will come from his assistants, but he has shown no ability to do those things.  Selling snake oil is not going to win those games.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, countryboi said:

let them be happy, Rhule is good at selling dreams and no one wants to believe they made a mistake this early in to the mistake. He will either workout or he wont

True dat. Nebraska fans haven’t had much to dream or be happy about in three decades. Their claim to fame is winning a Natty with noted humanitarian and role model citizen Lawrence Phillips. 

28 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Yea I think you’d be hard pressed to find a single Panthers fan who has ill feelings towards Ron Rivera. He is a quality human being who is just a frustratingly stubborn head coach. 

Matt Rhule on the other hand, yowza. If he just kept his mouth shut I think most Panthers fans would have just moved on. But holy hell on a stick, Matt has some wild cognitive dissonance going on. His media tour highlighted a narcissist toad who genuinely believes his own hype. He hasn’t uttered a shred of accountability or humbleness despite his incredible failure on the Panthers, which means he didn’t learn anything from his experience. He will continue to make the same mistakes he has made at all of his previous jobs and eventually it’ll catch up to him. 

Go back and look. People were frustrated as Cam deteriorated and a few lashed out. Most were bad coach but good guy takes. That's why I said Copium take was more true with Ron vs Rhule. It's not coping with Rhule, it's just outright dislike and that's not going away. I am going to enjoy watching him fail there now and would be shocked to see anything else after all we learned about him. 

Edited by Waldo

I just don't care about Rhule. He was terrible here and I'm glad he's gone. Him going on his excuse and blame game tour just emphasizes why he was always going to fail at the NFL level. The guy can do no wrong, just ask him. 

As for Nebraska fans... I mean damn, they're just grasping at straws for anything remotely positive for their program. In the space of just a decade or so they went from college football royalty to an absolute bottom feeder and they've been down there in the muck with the catfish for years. As sorry as the Panthers have been in recent years, they haven't been as bad as Nebraska and were never the powerhouse that Nebraska was to begin with. It's been a stunning fall from grace for them and the copium has been flowing for years. Add hopium to copium and you have full on delusions of grandeur.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Go back and look. People were frustrated as Cam deteriorated and a few lashed out. Most were bad coach but good guy takes. That's why I said Copium take was more true with Ron vs Rhule. It's not coping with Rhule, it's just outright dislike and that's not going away. I am going to enjoy watching him fail there now and would be shocked to see anything else after all we learned about him. 

I mean sure there was vitriol towards Rivera the coach and lots of it was valid. But as a man, Rivera has always been class. Can’t say the same for Rhule.

• Beer 2