• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nathaniel Hackett fired

1 hour ago, YourLastThought said:

Damn, was that only one year in Denver or....? I know a ton of people wanted him here. See, this is what scares me about hiring an offensive guru type guy. WE either get a Sean McVay or we get a Josh Mcdaniels/Hackett type. Wonder what odds are on getting a successful guy or a failure, 50/50?

Exactly. The Vikings seem to have hit the jackpot but that is not always going to happen. I am warming up to Wilks bring HC next year

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Hackett has also struggled at just about every non-Green Bay stop(save for one out of three years in Jacksonville).

I think people gave Hackett way too much credit for something he deserved very little of in Green Bay.

I agree. Is Russ a particular type of QB that can only work in certain environments? yes.  And does he deserve some blame? yes.

But then as a HC, it's part of your job to identify that and develop an offense and team that works with that QB. ESPECIALLY given the investment.  Hackett was so bad, it's not even funny.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I agree. Is Russ a particular type of QB that can only work in certain environments? yes.  And does he deserve some blame? yes.

But then as a HC, it's part of your job to identify that and develop an offense and team that works with that QB. ESPECIALLY given the investment.  Hackett was so bad, it's not even funny.

Yeah and we have an OC now that is incapable of tailoring an offense to the strengths of various players, so this should look familiar.

That isn't to say Wilson isn't largely responsible for stinking it up and embarrassingly so after manufacturing the Seattle exit.

But Hackett was just terrible.

4 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

Damn, was that only one year in Denver or....? I know a ton of people wanted him here. See, this is what scares me about hiring an offensive guru type guy. WE either get a Sean McVay or we get a Josh Mcdaniels/Hackett type. Wonder what odds are on getting a successful guy or a failure, 50/50?

This is why I’m leaning towards Wilkes being the head coach. Especially if the Panther win these last two games.  We can always go the coordinator route if Wilkes doesn’t work out.  Especially when there’s no guarantee with a coordinator and can result in more lost seasons anyway.  So you roll with Wilkes instead.  

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Now that Rhule and Hackett are gone, who is the worst remaining NFL head coach?

Kingsbury? Dennis Allen? Who else?

Allen and Kingsbury are the worst in the league at the moment. I hope the Saints stay the course, and keep Allen 

Edited by AggieLean
  • Beer 1