• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It was fun while it lasted... Love Wilks as a man, but today was the final word on defensive head coaches... In the words of Mike Singletary, "Don't want them. Can't win with them."

Proudiddy

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, but Leftwich is highly regarded, and is also likely to become HC somewhere in the near future.  That team is going to be going through it when Leftwich and Brady leave.

Have you really not learned the lesson about hiring Brady’s offensive coordinators? Hard pass on leftwich. Seen that show before and rather not see it here…

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

30 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Who has a HoF level QB...

And that.  Ron Rivera owes his entire HC career to Cam.  A generational talent at QB certainly masks a ton of deficiencies that are inherent to a conservative defensive HC.  I also cited the struggles Tomlin and Bekichick are going through now without a QB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

Have you really not learned the lesson about hiring Brady’s offensive coordinators? Hard pass on leftwich. Seen that show before and rather not see it here…

I wasn't saying for us.  I'm saying, he is highly regarded in the league and will get a shot soon.  And also having Brady males him look a lot better than he would otherwise.

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, but Leftwich is highly regarded, and is also likely to become HC somewhere in the near future.  That team is going to be going through it when Leftwich and Brady leave.

Leftwich ain’t getting a HC job anywhere.

in fact, word down here in Tampa, he very well will be canned as OC this offseason.   Dude is terrible.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, ncfan said:

in fact, word down here in Tampa, he very well will be canned as OC this offseason.   Dude is terrible.

Had they faced any other team other than us, they would've lost.

It's very telling that they struggled against the damn Cardinals and put up 30 points on us.

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Leftwich was highly regarded. Anymore I think he owes that to Tom Brady.

36 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I dont disagree.  I was never super impressed with Leftwich...  I really liked him as a player, but I always felt the majority of TB's success and system was Arians' stuff and then Brady tinkered with it.  I'm just saying I know he was highly regarded when the Bucs were tearing it up, and I believe got some interviews last year.  But, I'm also willing to bet their offensive success isn't solely because of Brady, although most of it is.  If those rumors are true, when they fire Leftwich, Bowles is gonna fold just like all the other defensive coaches do with a competent OC and HOF QB.  That place is gonna implode fast.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

I dont disagree.  I was never super impressed with Leftwich...  I really liked him as a player, but I always felt the majority of TB's success and system was Arians' stuff and then Brady tinkered with it.  I'm just saying I know he was highly regarded when the Bucs were tearing it up, and I believe got some interviews last year.  But, I'm also willing to bet their offensive success isn't solely because of Brady, although most of it is.  If those rumors are true, when they fire Leftwich, Bowles is gonna fold just like all the other defensive coaches do with a competent OC and HOF QB.  That place is gonna implode fast.

Just quoted myself to share that I also pounded the table for us to hire Arians way back too.  Twice!  Including when TB hired him out of retirement.

And here we are, still spinning our wheels.

I mean, I wouldn’t mind an O minded guy either but if you look at the current playoff standings it’s about 50/50. 

I posted on here last year, and it’s about 50/50 with Super Bowls the last 10-15 years too. 

Look at Nathaniel Hackett, Arthur Smith, Kliff Kingsbury. It depends on leadership more than anything.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

He got interviews last year.

but reality came this year once Arians left and everyone realized outside of Tampa who was really calling the shots. Most of Tampa’s success has been when they let Brady call the shot this year.  In fact the Saints game comeback.  That last game winning drive.  TB12 actually told Bowles, I’m calling the plays this one.

Leftwich has been awful.  Bowles could be out too.  But Leftwich will be the first one, who’s play-calling has been a big issue

Edited by ncfan