• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Johnson vs Shane Steichen

11 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

God im tired of hearing about Carolina roots.  WTF cares where they're from.  I don't give half a hot poo if Wilks is from Charlotte or that Tepper is a yankee or where anyone is from.  fug all that noise.  All I care about is who does the best job.  If they also happen to be from the Carolinas, I still don't give half a lame, blind and deaf dog's turd pile. 

Agreed 1000% 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I'm good with either one and couldn't pick without knowing what kind of staff each could build. With either of these guys I would need to see some veteran presence on the staff. 

Potential staff is one of the factors I always like to look at for coaching candidates.

Offensive coaches frequently bring their quarterback coaches along, Steichen's QB guy Brian Johnson is getting some good press. Johnson's is a familiar name, former Jags QB Mark Brunell.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Potential staff is one of the factors I always like to look at for coaching candidates.

Offensive coaches frequently bring their quarterback coaches along, Steichen's QB guy Brian Johnson is getting some good press. Johnson's is a familiar name, former Jags QB Mark Brunell.

I'm okay with those guys as well. I would hope to add a DC or Special Teams guy with experience who may be able to operate as an assistant HC type guy. Just for example Rich Bisaccia as special teams/assistant HC 

23 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I'm okay with those guys as well. I would hope to add a DC or Special Teams guy with experience who may be able to operate as an assistant HC type guy. Just for example Rich Bisaccia as special teams/assistant HC 

I'd honestly like to keep our current special teams guy.

(OL coach too)

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, ickmule said:

Doesn’t matter, as long as Tep owns this bitch we will be mediocre.  

Then why even watch at this point? Why would you even be a fan anymore with that mindset? Sounds like absolutely zero hope in your eyes. I would think you would have to have some sort of even a glimmer of hope to keep hanging in there. Personally, I don't believe that Tepper will meddle too much and will learn to stay away and let the guys who know what they are doing handle it. That's my hope and what I hang my hat on I guess.

I guess I am afraid to trust anyone after Rhule. I worry about an offensive guru type in terms of getting a Hackett or a Josh Mcdaniels. I realize you have to spin the wheel and hope for the best with the new coach to some degree but at the same time a major part of me wants a good veteran presence who has done it before and done it well like how Andy Reed went from Philly to KC. Somebody who is also very QB friendly and can develop some young guys yet who is also a damn good leader. I guess I want perfection and the perfect storm but I know that's asking a lot.

Edited by YourLastThought

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd honestly like to keep our current special teams guy.

(OL coach too)

OL Coach for sure and I was only using Bisaccia as an example of a vet coach that could be acoordinator/associate HC.  Vic Fangio would be another "example"

Edited by TheProcess

3 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

Then why even watch at this point? Why would you even be a fan anymore with that mindset? Sounds like absolutely zero hope in your eyes. I would think you would have to have some sort of even a glimmer of hope to keep hanging in there. Personally, I don't believe that Tepper will meddle too much and will learn to stay away and let the guys who know what they are doing handle it. That's my hope and what I hang my hat on I guess.

I had stopped up until about 5 weeks ago because I was sucked back in by false hope. I will pay attention from afar once again until they are worthy of my time