• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So How did Norman and Darnold play?

YourLastThought

2 hours ago, pantherdad said:

Let’s not forget Wilks playing pussy ball not going for it on 4th and 1 and 4th and inches….twice. Turnovers be damned. 

Seriously, this is not Madden! No NFL coach, offensive minded, non conservative, or not goes for it up 14-0 in their own territory in the first half. How stupid would everyone had felt if they would have got stuffed and Brady scored on a 38yd TD pass instead of a 70 yarder? They did go for a more analytical 4th down which resulted in a DJ Moore first down. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

I was working and missed the whole game unfortunately. Did Norman play okay? Was he rusty? Is he worth keeping around for next year as well to have a solid veteran presence?

Also, how did Darnold play? His stats looked pretty good but I see others saying his fumble was bad and really not giving him much credit at all. Was it one of those games where he looked decent on paper but not to the eye? 

I haven't seen much praise for either so was wondering how they each looked yesterday. I hate I missed the game.

He didn't have any fumbles that were on him

34 minutes ago, trueblade said:

The refs had multiple opportunities throughout the game to really turn the tide in Tampa's favor, such as DB's borderline late hit on TB12. They didn't flag it. The refs were the least of our problems.

Not arguing that. I thought that game was well officiated. That play was not well officiated and put us behind the eight ball. 

• Pie 1

There was a pick play that was called earlier on their DB and again later, same thing but it wasn’t called and helped TB. It wasn’t a full on block like the first time the db hid it a little better but it had the same result of springing the receiver for a nice gain and should have been called. 
But no it wasn’t blatantly crooked officiating and it didn’t cost us the game. 

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

The refs had multiple opportunities throughout the game to really turn the tide in Tampa's favor, such as DB's borderline late hit on TB12. They didn't flag it. The refs were the least of our problems.

Brown most certainly should have been called for a late hit on brady.  I suspect however the refs are sick of his poo now so it actually worked in our favor

• Beer 1

Hopefully this will not be considered slobbering but Darnold threw some absolute dimes out there.

there is definitely growth there. He’s not forcing things like he used to. The PI by DJ saved an int, but at that point in the game he had to take some risks. 

His int was a poor throw, but that was his first this year vs 11 tds. He is playing qb as well as anyone right now.  As others have said - he is not the reason we lost  

I suspect Darnold has hit his ceiling. But until we can get a draftee to take over, he is a respectable bridge. 

• Beer 1