• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF: Bills vs. Bengals *game suspended* - prayers for Damar Hamlin

LinvilleGorge

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From what's been reported, the league told them they needed to get ready to play again in five minutes. Zac Taylor went over to the Bills sideline to talk to Sean McDermott. The two of them agreed they weren't going back out there and took their players back to the locker room.

jesus, if this comes out as true, heads are gonna fuging roll.

6 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Sadly, I've actually experienced that situation.

A coworker (who was a good friend of mine) collapsed and died on the job right after returning from lunch. I had left sick that day so I wasn't there. Didn't find out till the next morning. It was absolutely devastating.

The office administrators had also gone home, but the ranking manager there made the decision to close the building down. He didn't technically have the authority to do so but he basically said "screw that". He wasn't gonna try and make people work in the face of something that horrible.

To their credit, the administration agreed and closed the office until a few days after the funeral. The day they reopened, they had a ceremony in his memory.

1 minute ago, Cullenator said:

I have to believe the whole warm-up for 5 minutes thing is just SOP for an injury timeout of more than X minutes and the refs were just "following orders".

I just cant let myself believe that ANYONE would pick up the phone in these circumstances and say "Get them back on the field!"

I hope they could look at these men and read the room so to speak. They were shaken. They were genuinely scared. To hell with SOP. Pick up the phone and say I can't put these guys back on the field in the state they are. You have to make sure these men, all these men including Damar are OK before you ask them to take another snap. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Not sure what the NFL protocol would be here, but I won't be shocked if this game is ultimately just flat out cancelled and registered as a tie. This late in the season I don't see how they can squeeze it in even if they wanted to.

They play next week and playoffs start the week after. Where do they play? Just let it go. 

8 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

I have to believe the whole warm-up for 5 minutes thing is just SOP for an injury timeout of more than X minutes and the refs were just "following orders".

I just cant let myself believe that ANYONE would pick up the phone in these circumstances and say "Get them back on the field!"

If it comes out that they actually tried to restart this game and the players and coaches had to step in and say hell no, Goodell is done. The outcry for his head on a stick will be too much to ignore. You'll ha e a ton of corporate sponsors stepping in to put the pressure of the wallet on the league.

• Flames 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If it comes out that they actually tried to restart this game and the players and coaches had to step in and say hell no, Goodell is done. The outcry for his head on a stick will be too much to ignore. You'll ha e a ton of corporate sponsors stepping in to put the pressure of the wallet on the league.

We can only hope. 

4 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

Yeah, it was just the refs following their procedures. I seriously doubt Roger was calling down to the field.

• Pie 1