• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF: Bills vs. Bengals *game suspended* - prayers for Damar Hamlin

LinvilleGorge

21 minutes ago, t96 said:

I don't like making it a tie, the Bengals were winning so if you're counting any of the game so far it wasn't tied. I'd say just cancel it and take it off their records and for playoff seeding go by win %.

Wouldn’t that eliminate the Bengals from 1st place chance at all though? I’m pretty sure in your scenario the best the Bengals could do is .750 while the worst KC could do is .764

Edited by Harbingers

2 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

What is that based on??  did you read the  article that was linked a few posts ago?

Everything is 100% speculation at this point. Even the diagnosis of what happened that everyone seems to generally agree on.

It's not worth much effort speculating, IMO. Just wait and see what the updates are.

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Even the diagnosis of what happened that everyone seems to generally agree on.

I mean, that part seems pretty obvious. He had an episode immediately after receiving a hard pinpoint blow directly to the heart area. It's be one helluva coincidence for it NOT to be commotio cordis. Those types of pinpoint blows to the chest aren't common in football. Usually it's a hit spread out over a much larger surface area. Probably why this particular issue is typically more often seen in baseball. Small ball travelling really fast creates a much more pinpoint hit than what is typically seen in football.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

The problem with playing Wednesday is both teams have an extremely short turnaround to more (additional not greater) meaningful games the next weekend really. Not sure the solution here.

Yeah, calling the game a tie kinda fugs them. But playing the game tomorrow then making them both play on a very short turnaround REALLY fugs them. Calling it a tie and moving on honestly might be the best bad option here.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, t96 said:

I don't like making it a tie, the Bengals were winning so if you're counting any of the game so far it wasn't tied. I'd say just cancel it and take it off their records and for playoff seeding go by win %.

Again, KC loves this plan. 

It's not 2 teams fighting over the 5th pick in the draft. You would be telling the Bills that home field and a 1st rd bye is their gift to KC.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, calling the game a tie kinda fugs them. But playing the game tomorrow then making them both play on a very short turnaround REALLY fugs them. Calling it a tie and moving on honestly might be the best bad option here.

Just hard because a tie also influences who can get the first seed and who can win the AFC North.  The Bengals can't lose the division with a tie.

Just now, cookinbrak said:

Again, KC loves this plan. 

It's not 2 teams fighting over the 5th pick in the draft. You would be telling the Bills that home field and a 1st rd bye is their gift to KC.

Bills aren’t the one that’s get the short end of the stick with that plan. All they have to do under t96’s plan is win next week and they win first. 

The bengals are by process eliminated though. 

If the Mods have no issue, I am going to start a separate topic for what the NFL can do with the schedule (and I don't mean where they can stick it). 

Maybe it's me, but I am thinking this one should be reserved for updates and discussion about Hamlin's condition and prognosis.  It's just an old-fashioned respect thing for me, I guess.  Maybe it's just me, though.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, that part seems pretty obvious. He had an episode immediately after receiving a hard pinpoint blow directly to the heart area. It's be one helluva coincidence for it NOT to be commotio cordis. Those types of pinpoint blows to the chest aren't common in football. Usually it's a hit spread out over a much larger surface area. Probably why this particular issue is typically more often seen in baseball. Small ball travelling really fast creates a much more pinpoint hit than what is typically seen in football.

What’s more is the hit has to occur at the exact few milliseconds on the up T. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Just hard because a tie also influences who can get the first seed and who can win the AFC North.  The Bengals can't lose the division with a tie.

Yeah, I don't see any good options here. Being so late in the season makes it especially hard to accommodate for. They're gonna have to settle on a bad option and the tie to me feels like the best bad option. The NFL will get further drug through the mud for player safety concerns if they made these teams play tomorrow night then turn around and play again on Sunday and all those criticisms will be very valid.

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Wouldn’t that eliminate the Bengals from 1st place chance at all though? I’m pretty sure in your scenario the best the Bengals could do is .750 while the worst KC could do is .764

If the Bengals agree to forfeit the game knowing it was going to cost them the division, then I have to root for them to win the Superbowl.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2