• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most Efficient Passing Game in the past 6 Weeks

Ghostface Chilla

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So what are we wanting to do here? He looked like a solid game manager when our rushing attack was cruising. When it wasn’t he struggled. Are there really people that want him as our starter again next year? To those people when the game is in the line and he has to throw what do you think is going to happen?

Struggled? Where is this coming from?

Sam in games our rushing attack wasn’t cruising:

37/60 566 4 TD / 1 INT

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think they just want a better option AKA drafting one. If Sam is on a cheap backup contract no one will really care. If another team offers him more money then we need to just let him walk also. Game managers with a power running game are easy to come by.

But there are ppl on this very thread who would care if Sam was brought back on a cheap backup contract. That was my point. There are plenty of Sam haters on this board. 

His play his first four years was deserving of that assessment. His play this year is not. I’m not saying he’ll lead us to the Super Bowl in the next two years, but we could do, and have done, much worse than his 2022 performance. Much worse. 

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

There are posters on this thread claiming he’s not an acceptable backup QB for the Panthers. In spite of him leading our team to 3 wins in 5 games while putting up top 15 QB level stats. 

That’s a “Sam Hater”

It's called standards dude. Even the only MVP in Panthers franchise history got called out for losing and still to this day can't live down losing a Super Bowl. Just because others do not share in your delusions does not make them haters. Go start a Sam Darnold superfan community if you hate it here so bad ✌️

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, ECHornet said:

Struggled? Where is this coming from?

Sam in games our rushing attack wasn’t cruising:

37/60 566 4 TD / 1 INT

Did you watch the last game? DJ bailed him out if at least 2 INTs one he had to get OPI and tackle the CB, several were too high where he had to make some crazy adjustments. Are you also going to ignore Sam trying to play hero ball on his fumble and scoop it up instead of just falling on it? It’s part of the reason why we lost these games. I realize our secondary was a major part as well.

Sam has played decent, but rattling off stat lines doesn’t tell the whole story. Why do 90% of these mock drafts have us going QB? It’s because most analysts know he isn’t a logical long term solution. When the pressure is on him he goes back to his bad habits like he has he entire 5 year career.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Sam has proven to easily be the best QB we’ve had since 2017 and I’d definitely keep him as a backup on backup money, even let him run the ship for 4-6 weeks if the rookie we get isn’t quite ready to start the season. But there should be NO allusions to him being a legit candidate for full time starter. He’s not anything more than a Delhomme-esque game manager and most likely will never be more. We need more. 

DA fug you talking about he's like Delhomme? Jake at least took this team to the SB and won HUGE games. He's the complete opposite of Delhomme. Like what?! 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

7 hours ago, frankw said:

It's called standards dude. Even the only MVP in Panthers franchise history got called out for losing and still to this day can't live down losing a Super Bowl. Just because others do not share in your delusions does not make them haters. Go start a Sam Darnold superfan community if you hate it here so bad ✌️

I don’t hate it here at all. I’m not a Darnold super fan. I do have the ability to recognize when a player may be improving though. Multiple analysts have posted content showing Darnold  has had a surprisingly good season. At halftime, the commentators were discussing how Darnold has earned a chance at being the starter moving forward. 

I guess they’re all delusional and your take, the one that ignores a players improved performance that has been above league average, is the one that’s right. The only people posting that Darnold has been trash this year are fans or haters. I don’t mind calling that out. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Did you watch the last game? DJ bailed him out if at least 2 INTs one he had to get OPI and tackle the CB, several were too high where he had to make some crazy adjustments. Are you also going to ignore Sam trying to play hero ball on his fumble and scoop it up instead of just falling on it? It’s part of the reason why we lost these games. I realize our secondary was a major part as well.

Sam has played decent, but rattling off stat lines doesn’t tell the whole story. Why do 90% of these mock drafts have us going QB? It’s because most analysts know he isn’t a logical long term solution. When the pressure is on him he goes back to his bad habits like he has he entire 5 year career.

I did. I prefer to see a QB attempt game winning plays in pivotal moments. So the near INT to DJ when we were forced to push the ball down the field doesn’t bother me much. 

We don’t currently have a QB signed to play for us other than an injured, 2nd year project. Of course mock drafts will show us taking a QB until we fix that room. 

The entire game last Sunday was a pressure situation. Going into an away game against a rival with the playoffs on the line, Sam performed admirably. No one except posters here (and maybe Jets’ sites) thought Sam had a bad game vs the Bucs. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 2

7 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I did. I prefer to see a QB attempt game winning plays in pivotal moments. So the near INT to DJ when we were forced to push the ball down the field doesn’t bother me much. 

We don’t currently have a QB signed to play for us other than an injured, 2nd year project. Of course mock drafts will show us taking a QB until we fix that room. 

The entire game last Sunday was a pressure situation. Going into an away game against a rival with the playoffs on the line, Sam performed admirably. No one except posters here (and maybe Jets’ sites) thought Sam had a bad game vs the Bucs. 

ahem, nobody you say?

15. QB Sam Darnold: 55.7

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/181784-pff-grades-from-panthers-week-17-loss-to-buccaneers/

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That’s going to significantly hurt his case of just going by stats and assuming Sam played well. His accuracy was off last week because there was pressure. DJ bailed him out several times.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

29 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I don’t hate it here at all. I’m not a Darnold super fan. I do have the ability to recognize when a player may be improving though. Multiple analysts have posted content showing Darnold  has had a surprisingly good season. At halftime, the commentators were discussing how Darnold has earned a chance at being the starter moving forward. 

I guess they’re all delusional and your take, the one that ignores a players improved performance that has been above league average, is the one that’s right. The only people posting that Darnold has been trash this year are fans or haters. I don’t mind calling that out. 

Just a heads up. You and another Sam Darnold fan are the only ones in this thread to have used the word trash in reference to him. I've been clear in my thoughts summarizing his current status and abilities. He can start some games for you and look okay to good or pretty good in spots but it does not last and you do not want to have to depend on him to win the game. That showed quite clearly against the Steelers and the Bucs. We lost to Mitch Trubisky and a 45 year old Tom Brady in two games where we needed those wins for a playoff push. Was all of it Sam's fault? No. Did he make some plays to help? Yes. Did he make enough plays? No. Did he contribute turnovers that hurt our chances? Yes. Can we do better at the position in the offseason? Yes. For all the positives his fans will list as reasons why he should get a chance to be the starter next year the one you guys don't want to cover is he cannot win games when the chips are down or when he hasn't had a lead all game thanks to an historic run game. He has not had a game winning drive in over 3 years now. Now if you want to immerse yourself in a fantasy where Darnold is a starting QB moving forward that is your right. But as I've said the proof is in the pudding.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2