• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

There is more data to prove that Dean Spanos is more of a bad owner than there is data to support that Tepper is worse.  Spanos has known to be a terrible owner for decades. 

That's an awfully ballsy stance on David Tepper, but OK. Guess we'll see how it ages.

4 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Not quite aware of who he may have ties to from a HC perspective. Person confirmed Wilks would go after Brian Johnson to be his OC, maybe Manuel is his pick for DC?

Staff will have a list for the HC to choose from if they don't have their own guy.  For example, Ben Johnson is 36 years old and while he's been in the NFL since 2012, he doesn't have a strong list of DC options he has ties too.  He worked with Vance Joseph for one season, but looks like Joseph could be staying in Arizona.  So front office would likely give him (or anyone ie Steichen, Wilks, etc) a list of candidates they like. 

8 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Not quite aware of who he may have ties to from a HC perspective. Person confirmed Wilks would go after Brian Johnson to be his OC, maybe Manuel is his pick for DC?

I figured he would keep Holcomb on as DC... This sounds like an indicator they may be shying away from Wilks

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

That's an awfully ballsy stance on David Tepper, but OK. Guess we'll see how it ages.

No it isn't.  Spanos is legit a horrible horrible horrible owner BEYOND just football.

Maybe, maybe Tepper gets there one day.  But you can't match the Spanos' terribleness in 5 years.  

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I mean the Spanos family has owned the Chargers for nearly 20 years and the franchise has 5 total playoff wins in that timeframe with Rivers and Herbert as franchise QBs. The Tepper era hasn't gotten off to a roaring start, to say the least, but let's see how the next 5-10 years play out.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2017/1/13/14256560/dean-spanos-is-the-masturbating-security-guard-of-nfl-owners

https://sports.yahoo.com/dean-spanos-accused-of-misogynistic-behavior-by-sister-in-chargers-ownership-lawsuit-212203210.html

https://www.recordnet.com/story/news/local/2021/04/01/debt-mounts-spanos-heirs-heated-battle-over-chargers-ownership/4842254001/

I feel like my statements are pretty risk averse. If you read through those... you will understand why your statement about Tepper being a worse owner than the Spanos family will have no merit.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Wilks isn’t getting the job. Accept it. 

I am very pleased with how we’re handling this process. Do not give into the pressure of hiring a mediocre coach that will keep us exactly where we have been our entire existence. Talking to potential coordinators of your new coach is incredibly forward thinking. Give me Shane or Ben and let’s finally try something different for once.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2