• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

14 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

You’re moving the goalposts and equating poor character with ownership. That’s not at all what I meant, and you know that. I even clarified it. 

Tepper is a worse owner because in five years, he’s got two seven-win seasons to his credit and zero playoff appearances. The Spanos inherited a competitive team and kept it that way. They just lost a playoff game but in order to do that, you have to make the playoffs  

Send me the link where Tepper did that. 

0 super bowls vs 0 super bowls both are equally dogshit.

6 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Fangio is going to be DC for Jim Harbaugh or Sean Payton if he takes a DC position. I doubt he is not going to pair up with a HC who has less than a full year as an independent OC like Ben Johnson. I don't see that happening with all the opportunities Fangio has in the NFL.

Fangio interviewing likely means Harbaugh or Payton is serious about taking the HC position.

It would be interesting to see Burns at OLB/Edge, Brown 3 tech DE, and Chinn at SS in Fangio's defense. Panthers have the players he needs.

While I agree with your logic, an article posted earlier in the thread tied him to a potential pairing with Johnson. It didn’t divulge the connection but we’re at least not just making it up out of thin air. 

8 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Big thing for me is the locker room and Wilks won it, if you go with a new coach.. he's going to have to be able to go in and win the players over, otherwise.. gonna have major turnover first 2 seasons, players wanting out and bad seasons. 

Especially so if it's Payton over Wilks, I'd expect a ton of turnover.

Like restart the rebuild and any Wilks players will have sour taste in their mouth and tank team chemistry type of bad from the sounds of it. 

Players always vouch for the current coach.  Players defended Rivera and Rhule as well.  

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You shouldn't.

It's all bullsh-t. He doesn't know anything.

He, she or they make up so much poo. We need to create a huddle shortlist of people who just pull poo out of their ass to save people time from replying to their post. 

its amazing how much poo is posted here with zero data or supporting facts. It’s not even opinions… it’s just made up.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, PantherMan89 said:

I’m not an athletic subscriber but sounds like Person may shed light on Fangio pairing(s) in his latest. 

I am.

From the article...

Fangio, the first defensive coordinator in Panthers history, has been mentioned as a possible DC for Payton if Payton gets hired. But pairing the 64-year-old Fangio with a young, offensive-minded candidate like Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson also is an option. The Rams employed a similar arrangement in Sean McVay’s first few seasons, teaming longtime head coach and defensive coordinator Wade Phillips with the then-31-year-old McVay.

With as many as five head coaching candidates still to interview — including Johnson, Giants offensive coordinator Mike Kafka and Denver defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero, among others — the Panthers don’t want to lose out on a DC candidate who might have other options.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I am.

From the article...

Fangio, the first defensive coordinator in Panthers history, has been mentioned as a possible DC for Payton if Payton gets hired. But pairing the 64-year-old Fangio with a young, offensive-minded candidate like Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson also is an option. The Rams employed a similar arrangement in Sean McVay’s first few seasons, teaming longtime head coach and defensive coordinator Wade Phillips with the then-31-year-old McVay.

With as many as five head coaching candidates still to interview — including Johnson, Giants offensive coordinator Mike Kafka and Denver defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero, among others — the Panthers don’t want to lose out on a DC candidate who might have other options.

That’s encouraging. Really hope they can pull off pairing him with one of the young OC’s (Johnson or Steichen). 

1 minute ago, PantherMan89 said:

That’s encouraging. Really hope they can pull off pairing him with one of the young OC’s (Johnson or Steichen). 

Person added this as well...

It still feels like there’s momentum for Johnson, the former North Carolina quarterback who directed a top-five offense in his first season calling plays in the NFL. Johnson is sharp, but green. He could benefit from having a former head coach on his staff.

• Pie 2