• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

Just now, WOW!! said:

Really?? This guy feels that way.. 

And reality check @kungfoodude 95% of football forum conversation are speculation, worrying and making ant hills into the Grand Canyons .. lmao

To persocute does not mean one feels persocuted. I was actually speaking about your behavior, not how the individual's you have tagged felt.... Can we stop now?

200.gif

• Flames 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I think we have more waiting to do, unfortunately. I can't say I am upset that they are taking their time with this process considering what a disaster the last coach hiring process was.

It is tough as a fan to be in this limbo where you really can't plan or effectively speculate on the offseason until this gets resolved. 

Agreed.

To quote The SOS Band, "take your time, do it right".

• Beer 2

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This entire saga seems very contrived. I don't think these teams are as interested as the Payton rumor mill machine makes them out to be. I also suspect he is basically asking for the keys to the franchise ala Jim Harbaugh.

Exactly.  The media is a leverage tool right now--if people take this for Gospel, they are going to wind up in Hell.  Like watching certain news channels and believing every word.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Really?? This guy feels that way.. 

And reality check @kungfoodude 95% of football forum conversation are speculation, worrying and making ant hills into the Grand Canyons .. lmao

You are getting to this mountain via several levels of pure speculation. 

Just.....chill. Try and remain calm. 

Let the coaching search play out before we try and speculate about free agency and then the 2023 draft and then the offseason and then the preseason and then the regular season and then the postseason and then the 2024 offseason and then we can finally get to 2024 draft speculation.

• Pie 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

that unknown commodity... is one game away from being a OC on a super bowl contender, while coaching two different young Pro Bowl QBs... he will be known heavily.

I’m not saying he isn’t a great coaching prospect. I’m saying here we go again with a coach with no HC experience, and we will be in purgatory for the next two seasons. Hopefully, we can compete in 2025.

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I think it's time to come to terms that Steichen is the target.

I am hoping this is the case. 

Exhausted with even thinking about it & trying to block out a random debate about Drake Maye in a coaching thread.   Pretty much a wait and see right now.  

• Pie 1

I would like to see people leave this thread for news or comments specifically based on informed speculation.  In other words, if you want to attack and get into arguments with other Huddlers, go away.

Having said that, I think the longer we drag things out, the more I like the chances that the next head coach is still in the playoffs.

• Pie 5