• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

On 1/9/2023 at 6:42 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:

Interim HC Steve Wilks (scheduled 1/10) 

Former Colts HC Frank Reich (expected) 

Former Colts HC Frank Reichexpected) 

Eagles OC Shane Steichen (requested)

Lions OC Ben Johnson (requested) 

UPDATED:

Interim HC Steve Wilks (interviewed) 

Former Colts HC Frank Reich (interviewed) 

Former Colts HC Jim Caldwell (interviewed) 

Bills OC Ken Dorsey (requested) 

Giants OC Mike Kafka (requested)

Cowboys OC Kellen Moore (requested) 

• Pie 1

ESPN senior NFL reporter Jeremy Fowler:

“As the logic goes, the Panthers knew they had [Steve] Wilks as a prime candidate with a defensive background, so they went heavy on offense with the rest of the pool,” Fowler writes. “Wilks has a solid offensive staff to sell David Tepper, to be sure. But multiple people I’ve spoken to around the league think the young coordinators have their advantages for a QB-starved franchise. Frank Reich is interviewing for the head-coaching job but could end up a strong coordinator candidate.”

13 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

UPDATED:

Interim HC Steve Wilks (interviewed) 

Bills OC Ken Dorsey (requested) 

I wanted to see what Cowboys fans are saying and boy would they be happy if we took him off their hands.... Not a ringing endorsement lol

• Pie 1

From Albert Breer's latest mailbag...

From Greg (@panther1gb89): Gut feeling today...who does Tepper hire in Carolina?

Greg, I think it’ll either be defensive coordinator Steve Wilks or a young offensive coach (which is where owner David Tepper was focusing his research after firing Matt Rhule in October). And which way this goes rides on how the process goes.

My belief is that Tepper knows the sentiment in the building and will take it into account, with the locker room solidly behind Wilks, and Wilks being as respected as can be in the organization as a whole and with the fan base. He’s from the area, went 6–6 with a team that looked hopeless at 1–4, and built an identity on the fly, re-emphasizing fundamentals in-season and putting together an overpowering run game. All that happened, by the way, with the team having dealt away its best player [Christian McCaffrey].

So I think this is Tepper fighting his best-laid plans against a feeling that Wilks is probably the right guy to hire. And so it’d seem that Wilks’s plan to build on what he accomplished over the past three months, and in particular what he’ll do on offense (I’ve mentioned Philly’s Brian Johnson as a potential coordinator candidate) will be key, if Wilks is going to convince Tepper not to go with Johnson, Dorsey or Steichen.

Link

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

We'll see who's right...Fowler and Graziano think Wilks' candidacy is "losing steam" while Breer thinks Wilks will end up being the hire. I did laugh at him saying "it'll be Wilks or a young offensive guy"...like yeah, no poo, look at the interview list.

Yeah, that was a "no sh-t" kind of answer 😄

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Albert Breer's latest mailbag...

From Greg (@panther1gb89): Gut feeling today...who does Tepper hire in Carolina?

So I think this is Tepper fighting his best-laid plans against a feeling that Wilks is probably the right guy to hire. 

Link

This sentiment is all over the web. It's so annoying. It's a pity party I feel like. It's simply not true if we want a Lombardi. He looked better than Rhule and was 6-6. Great job for us this year. But it's not someone we need long term as HC with the way this league is trending. 

• The D 1

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

Lions OC Ben Johnson (request)

///

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

Interim HC Steve Wilks (interviewed) 

Bills OC Ken Dorsey (requested) 

thats how they rank.

• Beer 1