• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

The locker room in August will look different than it did in December. The new coach will typically bring in several of "his guys". It happens to every team that hires a new coach. 

Oh lord, if Johnson comes here and turns the Temple and Baylor job bank into the UNC job bank, wins and losses will no longer matter. A 36-14 loss will be THE REFS SCREWED US

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Oh lord, if Johnson comes here and turns the Temple and Baylor job bank into the UNC job bank, wins and losses will no longer matter. A 36-14 loss will be THE REFS SCREWED US

Calm down my guy, Johnson went to UNC 20 years ago, it's not like Rhule bringing in guys he had just coached over the past 5-6 years. Breathe, relax, it will be fine.

• Beer 2

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

Calm down my guy, Johnson went to UNC 20 years ago, it's not like Rhule bringing in guys he had just coached over the past 5-6 years. Breathe, relax, it will be fine.

I want to win and don't care where they went to school. If this dude had more experience as an NFL OC, I'd be on board.

• Poo 1

15 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Ben Johnson would be a cool story, but it just means you're hiring another Joe Brady as HC. He's still very raw and has minimal experience for an NFL HC. One year as an OC is not enough.

Brady was never an OC at the NFL level...or any level.

His highest title was "passing game coordinator" at LSU.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Brady was never an OC at the NFL level...or any level.

His highest title was "passing game coordinator" at LSU.

The point is not that it's an apples-to-apples comparison, but that it's a wholly unproven, young hotshot candidate with very little experience in leadership positions associated with head-coaching success.